LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srk (Service)     31 March 2018

Termination of a registered lease agreement

Dear Experts, i would like to know how to terminate a registered Lease Agreement without the consent of the lesee, I have leased my property to an manufacturer with a 2 year lock in period and 10 year lease, after only 13 months lesee stared defaulting on the rent and never paid the next 6 months rent, i got him evicted after a legal battle in the court, what happens to the registered Lease agreement now? I have new tenants interested in leasing the property, 

can i terminate the lease agreement in the registrar office based on eviction order issued by the court?

what will happen to the unpaid rent that he owes me, if the registered lease Agreement is terminated, is leasee still bound to pay the due?


 1 Replies

Chandan Chandan   31 March 2018

according to my opinion, rents can be recover by filing Execution petition. agreement can be cancelled with the court order. In fact, you might have ask cancellation of deed and for recovery of rents in the earlier petition.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query