LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CA (CA)     25 June 2013

Tenant vacated with rent balance

I don't have a rental lease document with my tenant. The tenant did not pay rent for over 17 months totalling a balance of over 3 Lakh rupees.

They had an advance of 50,000 rupees only, so their rental balance is about Rs.2,50,000. Recently they vacated the property saying that they will clear the rental balance soon.

Now they are not answering our phone calls. Is there anything we can do legally to get the balance.

What if they claim that they were not our tenants because they don't have any agreement with us.

They don't have any rental receipts from us, and no receipt for the advance amount.

Pls. Advice.




 2 Replies

2BHelpfull (Other)     26 June 2013

as there is no rental lease document or anyother doc. to prove that they r ur tenent ,you can do nothing to recover the amt.

you have to forgo the amt .as you has no proof against the tenant.


next time be carefull , enter into agreement before giving the place to tenent .

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     27 June 2013

Agreed with 2Bhelpfull

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register