LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh (clerk)     25 October 2010

succession certificate

Please advice on the following case. My grandmother owned a flat in mumbai and died in 1997 without any will. presently there are 4 legal heirs including my grandfather. All legal heirs have given their consent and NOC to my uncle to be the only legal heir for the flat. on that basis and affidavit and indemnity bond to CHS, the flat was transfered on my uncle's name in 1997 along with share certificate. Now I have purchased this flat from my uncle and also registered the sale agreement. when I submitted the request for transfering the flat in my name, Society informed me that my uncle did not have succession certificate and hence he is considered as nominee member only. therefore, I shall also be considered as nominee member and would not get the rights of absolute member. They also said that the succession certificate of my uncle is needed for absolute membership. My question is

1. if my uncle gets a succession certificate now, is the flat sale registration valid?

2. does he have to state in the filing for succession certificate that the flat is already sold?

Looking forward for your guidance.

Regards

Suresh

Learning

1 Replies

Kamran Khan Asif (Advocate)     25 October 2010

First of all if your uncle was not a legal heir, how did the Society transfer the flat in question to him?

Now how is that society is asking for succession certificate.

Anyhow, the flat is sold but transferred in your uncle's name.

And above all though you uncle has entered into an agreement to sale with the sale has not yet

materialised, untill unless you have not been registered as the owner of the flat.

Hence Succession Certificate will be considered legal and authentic.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register