I am working in a Central University on a permanent post (9300-34800; grade pay 4200) from 04/10/2013 to till date. The appintment offer says following things:
1. He will be on probation for one year, which can be further extended by one year more.
3. During proation period the appointment can be terminated at any time with prior notice of one month or one month salary in lieu of by either side.
6. He will submit an undertaking to abide by the rules and regulations of the university.
Now please let me tell you the whole story:
I want to inform you that before joining this university i had applied and appeard for written exam in 2013 for an autonomous government instituion. When i was called for interview in 2014 i gave information and asked for permission through proper channel (i also mentioned that i had appeared for exam before joining here and enlosed that letter asking for permission and information for interview dated 28/04/2014).
But they did not give any answer and so as not to miss the interview and went ahead for interview. When later on i asked about permission letter they said that since i had applied to that org before joining here i need not require an NOC.
On 15th May 2015 I got offer of appointment to the post which is of higher post and higher grade pay also. I tendered my resignation letter on 18th May 2015 (i mentioned Technical Resignation and asked for Lien too and requested them to kindly relieve me on 17th June 2015 so that i could join the new org on i.e. 18th June 2015, the last date to join) and thus there would be not gap in between of two services in government sector).
When i went to enquire about the status of my resignation letter they told me that why did not i got NOC before going for the interview...i was taken aback! and then i told them the whole story then they said "OK...OK...we will put up your file to the concerning authority".
Now, I have been going to administative block almost everyday for tabel to table to follow the progress but it seems that they are going by the snail's pace. Going by their working speed, I am not sure that they will relieve me by 17th June 2015. So to be on safer side i sent a letter by speed post to the new org asking for 15 days extension(also enlosed the resignation letter that i sent to current employer) and am waiting for their reply.
Now my questions are:
1. Am i still under probation period since i have not got any confirmation letter? Or am I confirmed employee since they did not give me any extension letter. No disciplinary action is against me and my service record is clean.
2. Will I get Lien?
3. Will i get Technical Resignation since i am moving from Central to autonomous body and want my 1 year 8 months service to be counted along with Pay Protection, PF, EL etc?
4. What if the current employer does not relieve me by 17th June and new org does not give me futher extention?
5. The new org wants relieving letter if one is working in central or autonomous body or PSU etc. And i had told them at the time of interview that i am working in a university and also stated so in attestation form for interview. Now how can i join without relieving letter?
6. What if the current employer refuses to give Technical Resignation?
Please give your expert opinion on this matter. Thank you very much :-)