LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Namita (None)     03 October 2013

Release deed for mortgage loan

I and my husband had taken a mortgage loan for our house - the house is jointly owned by my husband (primary owner) and my mother-in-law (second owner). While going for the loan, all three of us had signed at the registrar's office to mortgage our property via the bank. However, in the loan documentation at the bank, I and my husband signed all the documents and we both paid off the entire loan in the last month.

After repaying the loan, we got all our mortgage papers and no dues certificate from the bank but the release deed from the registrar's office is pending.

The issue is they need my mother-in-law to sign the release deed alongwith my husband but my mother-in-law has had a paralysis attack and is bed-ridden. She is getting treated in my husband's hometown and is not in a condition to visit Mumbai and sign the release deed. She cannot even move her hands to do the basic tasks. 

What can I and my husband do in this situation? Without my mother-in-law's signature, how can we get the release deed? Is there a solution for this?

(Note: all our relatives in my husband's hometown have started calling us inhumane since the day we started asking for my mother-in-law's signature. They say that she is in the worst condition and we are talking about release deed).

But the release deed is important for us. How can we just leave it like that? I need urgent help. We dont have hopes that my mother-in-law will improve healthwise. Does that mean that we will never get a release deed?

Pls help.

Learning

1 Replies

Vijay Sharma (Advocate)     05 October 2013

Please get the medical certificate from the doctor who is giving treatment to your Mother-in-Law get it attested and submit the same same to bank.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register