LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Kumar (IT Professional)     07 May 2013


Dear All Forum Members,


I want to share one of my worst situation of my life.

I get married in 2010 in UP as I live in Delhi. Our leaving place is Delhi and marriage place was Allahabad. After the marriage, I live happly with wife but My MIL was very cunning lady. She start nonsense activity to disturb my family as well as my personal life. I request to her again n again to avoid this situation but all waste. Now the current situation is my wife was away since 201. I said to her for come back but MIL was not respond. I send her notice but she did not reply. After waiting some time I file RCR. (Section 9) in which i mention the interfarence and rude behaviour of my MIL. Now she threat to me again n again as she come to know about our Case. She has not been come for hearing. The court has sent her repetitive notice for her presence. Again she threaten me on phone and now she deny any of her talk. My advocate will not guide me properly. 

I want to know that I any case againt me that she can file. My intention is very clear. I want to leave with her as she does not creat any problem for me. But MIL create the blunder and influence my wife. Now wife are in Allahabad and don't want to come. I ask her for written assurity that I never give her divorce. But my MIL and meternal uncle are very cunning. They are not willing to compromise or send my wife. back.. 

Kindly suggest me she lives in Allahabad and left me alone 2 year back. (since JUly 2011). I am worried about that Is she file any case from Allahabadl 


 5 Replies

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     07 May 2013

She can file number of cases against you including section 498A IPC, DV cases or Section 125 Cr. P.C.

But, if you have done any mistake you need not worry. Just hire a good advocate of your choice. If possible try to look for efficient lawyers and not choose advocate on the basis of lowest fees. If you have good advocate you need not worry, he can take care of each situtaion and get you requisite relief.


Goutam Prasad


Supreme Court of India


Mob: 9810753838

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     07 May 2013

1.  talk to your wife with some mediator who knows only to you and your wife 

2.  because you are interested only in you wife but not MIL so here the point is your wife and how she will come to home

3.  convince her to come to court and attend the hearings or talk to her personally and decide the future course 

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     07 May 2013

If she does not respond to court notice.You will get exparte rcr decree in your favour.Take RCR case to its logical conclusion and get the decree in your favour. Simultaneously continue reconciliation efforts recording her calls. She can definitely file many cases but those will be seen as a counter blast to rcr case. regards ASHOK

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     07 May 2013

You do not talk to them unless court arranges for any mediation.  If they do not attend hearings court can give order in favor of you exparte.  That will be for your good.  Keep it safe and keep quiet and spend one year more.  Do not talk to them over phone or by any other mode.  Even if they call do not lift the phones.  In other words, cut off communication completely.  If they call for discussion sit with mediators and discuss do not talk alone because it could be recorded by them and it becomes an evidence for them to file S.498A if you flare up.  They will make you angry deliberately to ensure that you flare up. Be at home and serve your parents like a good son. After three years of separation while RCR order is in your favor, their complaint/allegations of 498A will become weak. 

LCI Fan (operator)     09 May 2013

Agreed with Need Justice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register