LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mukesh (Engineer)     24 October 2011

Purchased property from a divorce man

I have recently purchased a property which was in single person name. I didnt happen to take his wife signature as the seller informed that his wife is in US. One month after the registration, we found from the neighbours that this person has divorced his wife. As per my knwoledge the seller had a wife and two children who are still minor.

My question is that, will there be any future problems on my deal as I didnt take any signature from his entire family? What consequences I may face?

I am really worried of these as I have invested all my savings. Please advice.


 5 Replies

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     24 October 2011

ensure that the property is a self acquired prop if it is a sa prop then no problem
1 Like

ajay sethi (lawyer)     24 October 2011

if flat is in single person name and the owner has sold flat you may not face problems . have yyou cross checked from the society where flat is as to whether said flat is subject to nay attachment from any court .


did you  obtain NOC from society .?

did you  engage a lawyer .  have you verified all original documents of flat?

1 Like

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     24 October 2011

If property is single name of Husband then no problem. 

1 Like

Mukesh (Engineer)     24 October 2011

Thanks for the reply Mr.Gopalakrishnan.

Yes, the property is self acquired. So in that case I shall not have any problems as per your advice.

Thanks again.

Mukesh (Engineer)     24 October 2011

Thanks Mr.Ajay.

I did not invlolve any lawyer for the deal. But, I have taken a loan from reputed MNC bank and they have invlolved a lawyer for paper verification and also during the registration process.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query