LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

siddharth bhagat (Business)     28 June 2016

Procedure to 80c no. for ngo ?

Anybody know how to get 80c no. registration by income tax Department ? Any fees or security deposits or minimum year of NGO's ?

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 June 2016

In order to encourage savings, the government gives tax breaks on certain financial products under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. Investments made under such schemes are referred to as 80C investments. Under this section, you can invest a maximum of Rs l lakh and if you are in the highest tax bracket of 30%, you save a tax of Rs 30,000. The various investment options under this section include:

1. Providend fund or Voluntory provident fund, 2. Public provident fund, 3, National savings certificate, 4. Equity linked savings scheme, 5. LIC premiums etc.

balas (Chartered)     06 July 2016

Hi Siddharth,

I guess you are referring to 80G registration of an NGO for donation exemption under I T Act.

At  the time of registration of NGO for 12A exemption under I T Act, you can file form 10G for obtaining 80G approval simultaneously.

If on the other hand, the NGO has already obtained an 12A Exemption, then you need to file the following :

a. Activities carried out by the NGO and Annual Accoiunts since inception or last 3 years whichever is less.

b. Max Time frame for grant of approval is 6 months.

Hope this  helps.

Tnx

Balaji Srini FCA., LL.B.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register