LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sahil (team developer)     23 June 2010

Procedure for change of judge


Our property case is going on in civil court since march 2010 where our tenant has filed a suit for stay by saying that me and my family is harrasing him. My father is a retired govt. official and we do not have any place to stay even right now also we are staying on a rent inspite of having our own house. The main issue is that we have been given nearly 8 dates and judge was present only on one date due to medical problems. Please let me knopw how can we place a request for change of judge or in any case judgement can be done a bit fast. As my dad is a senior citizen and we need it for bonafide reasons. One more thing is that after 4 months our tenant has sent us a moneyorder for Rs.2000 whereas actual rent was 6000/pm. We have not accepted that moneyorder. Please help.


 5 Replies


Dear author,

Plz tell me where ur case is pending.

niranjan (civil practice)     23 June 2010

You can submit an application to the court on the ground of senior citizen to conduct the matter early. When you have filed the rent suit in the court and if you have rent note fixing the rent at Rs.6000,the tenant has to deposit the rent in the court and if remits less rent,objecft to deposit of  part rent.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     23 June 2010

There are so many problems in the rent act cases since the law is tanent baised. You have to prove in the court that your needs are superior than that of tanents needs. What agreement you have done for rent if it attracts standard rent provisions than court will reduce rent and direct it to be paid in the court.

sahil (team developer)     27 June 2010

its in tees hazari court......I have also heard that judges automatically gets changed in july session or if they are on a long leaves

sahil (team developer)     27 June 2010

we have provided bonafide reasons in court like we do not have any other property to stay, son is also getting married, senior citizen,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register