Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T.H. Sree Rama (Managing Trustee)     10 September 2014

Pension to central / state public sector employees

Respected Sirs,

Sub: Extension of Pension Facility to the Employees of Central / State Public Sector Employees - Legality & Constitutionality of my Argument presented submitted as follows - Certification of the same by Lawyersclubindia Forum -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a) "Pension" facility stands extended to all the employees of the Central / State Governments & also Union Teerritories; Say "Yes" or "No"

b) This is simply because of the fact that the Cost of Salary, Allowances & perquisites of these employees are met with by the respective Governments ie., Central / State / UT -  CENT PER CENT ie., 100# ; Say "Yes" or "No"

c) In respect of Central / State Public Sector Undertakings, More than 51% of the CAPITAL INVESTMENT exists from the side of the respective Government ie., Central or State; Say "Yes" or "No";

d) When such is the case, can the respective Central or State Government deny PENSION LIABILITY in respect of the Employees of Central or State Public Sector Undertakings to the extent of their CAPITAL INVESTMENT ie., More than 51%?

Please clarify the position.

Yours Sincerely

T.H. Sree Rama

(Thumakunta Sree Rama)

Mobile:09866497168

E.mail:thsreerama@yahoo.com; sthumakunta@yahoo.com; papecrats@gmail.com; thumakuntas@gmail.com

10th September, 2014

Learning

5 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     01 January 2015

This policy issue to be decided at beuraucratic.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 January 2015

what is your query

T.H. Sree Rama (Managing Trustee)     04 January 2015

Content was very much clear in the matter posted.  

can the respective Central or State Government deny PENSION LIABILITY in respect of the Employees of Central or State Public Sector Undertakings to the extent of their CAPITAL INVESTMENT ie., More than 51%?

Please clarify the position.

T.H. Sree Rama

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     04 January 2015

You should verify the central civil services rules.Rather raising a query pointing out a potion of a document may not find the desired answer.Administrative instructions may not alter the policy decisions.

T.H. Sree Rama (Managing Trustee)     05 January 2015

Respected Sir,

Central Civil Service Rules deal with only Government of India employees;  This issue is related to the employees working Central Public Sector Undertakings & State Public Sector Undertakings who have not introduced pension system in their Organizations.  Coming to my case, I served eight and half years in the Offices of the Principal Accountant General, AP, Hyderabad & Principal Director of Railway Audit, South Central Railway, Secunderabad both coming under the jurisdiction of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, New Delhi.

2.  This Organization is such a bureaucratic organization, which denied the benefit of extension of Special Voluntary Retirement to me and other 455 employees of CWC under the special provision extended by the government of India under  " Retirement under Golden Hand Shake Scheme" just on the plea that CWC was a profit making unit, whereas the instructions contained in the circular issued by Government of India laid emphasis only on "a measure of Observance of Economy".  I took up my case with Government of India, Parliamentary Committee on Public sector undertakings constituted by Rajya Sabha and over a period of 3 years, I could get clearance from them and got the facility extended to those willing to take up retirement under Golden Hand Shake Scheme.  My argument was very much emphatic just like in this case to the effect that "Issue of Profit Making or loss making Unit" was not the point at issue"

Not only that the Office of the Principal Director of Audit, SCR, SC did not relieve me duly insisting on the submission of a letter of resignation to the post of Auditor their Office despite the fact that my application for the post of an Accountant in CWC was got forwarded through proper channel and as a result of their selection I had to take up the said post after getting myself relieved of my duties. I was entitled to get myself relieved to report for duty as an Accountant in CWC as my application for the said post was routed through proper channel.  As per their whims and fancies I submitted the resignation letter and took up the issue with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India and got instructions issued to the Principal Director of Audit, SCR, SC to pass on my service book to CWC duly remitting all the payments due to me as Provident fund contributions and DCRG with instructions to CWC to treat my service as Continuous spell right from 3-11-1969 ie., my initial appointment with PAG, AP, Hyderabad in the capacity of an UDC.

3.  For your kind information, I had served State Bank of India for one year, 3 months in the Office of the Principal Accountant General, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad for 3 months, 8 and half years in the Office of the Principal Director of Audit, SCR, Secunderabad, 16 years in Central Warehousing Corporation, five years on foreign Assignment to Royal Government of Bhutan ( Department of Education, Royal Government Press, District Administration, Directorate of Revenue & Customs, Thimphu in the capacity of a Senior Finance Executive, 2 years in IJM-SCL Corporation handling Mumba Pune Express High Way as Deputy Manager, 2 years in Larji Hydro Electric Project, Kulu Manali, Himachanal Pradesh from the side of Satyam - Sankaranarayana Joint Venture (SSJV) in the capacity of Chief Accounts Officer.

I took up the issue of charging 16% interest on Machine and Mobilization advances sanctioned to SSJV by HPSEB on its World Bank Aided Project, in as much as the Loan sanctioned by World Bank had a specified provision in the relevant rules to the effect that these advances were INTEREST FREE.  SSJV did not want to have any sort of Conflict with HPSEB, they did not support my suggestion and rejected my advice.  Spontaneously I resigned the said post and returned to Hyderabad.

3.  Thereafter I started my consultancy unit as Pre & Post Employment Counseling, Research & Training Services ( now called as Global Institution for Skills & Careers running as an NGO) handling cases of employees grievances ( ie., as a Service Matters Consultant).  What I mean to project is that my projections on the issue were a matured one.

4.  I am quite confident to the effect that Government of India or State Governments have no justifiable reply with them on this issue.  For your kind information, this issue was also taken up with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India from whom no response could be received at least a letter to the effect that my claim was not genuine.  Can we take cognizance of this silence from the side of C&AG  under the clause"Silence tantamount to acceptance:

5.  Through these columns, I am making a direct approach to all those victims may be employees - employers - public at large facing any sort of grievances of any nature to get in touch with me at the following address:

T.H. Sree Rama, Project Founder & Managing Trustee, Global Institution for Skills & Careers, Flat No.18-33-6, First floor, Mak Towers, Zahid Nagar, Street No.2, Opp. Survey of India, Uppal Road, Hyderabad - 500039 ( E. mail: thsreerama@yahoo.com, sthumakunta@yahoo.com, papecrats@gmail.com, thumakuntas@gmail.com - Mobile number:09866497168)

I may kindly be excused if I had hurt your feelings in this behalf, which were not intentional.

Yours Sincerely

T.H. Sree Rama

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register