LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Indurkhya (Professional)     02 October 2010

PAN Card No. & Bank A/C details of Father-in-Law through RTI


Dear Sir,
Is it possible to obtain my Father-in-Law's PAN Card No. and his Savings Bank Salary Account Details (Wherein he was receiving salary & currently receiving pension) by filing a RTI application in his Central Govt. employer's office ?
Do we have any Charted Accountant / Tax Consultant / Financial Advisor / Investment agent in this group, who can kindly enlighten us on this matter please ?
My RTI application on the above got rejected by citing non disclosable as per section 8(1)(j) of RTI act and as decided in below mentioned cases (copy also attached with this mail) -
1. Appeal No. 05/IC(A)/CIC/2006 – Order dated 03-03-2006 - In the matter of "Arun Verma Vs Director General of Income Tax, New Delhi." - I am unable to search this case on CIC site. If you have / find this decision for me then kindly send across.
2. Appeal No.486/ ICPB/2007 - Order dated 16-05-2007 - In the matter of "Namita Mehra Vs State Bank of Hyderabad, New Delhi."
I was just wondering to know if you / anyone else has got the above information through RTI. Also, are you aware of any CIC decision / High Court Judgment favoring this disclosure of PAN Card & Savings / Salary Bank account details?
BTW - I need the above details to file DP-3 and TEP against him, as he is alleging to spend Rs. 20 Lakh in her daughter's marriage with myself & now is asking the court to compensate him / my wife with that same amount to settle the cases (Criminal case of 498-A & Civil case of divorce + maintenance case).
My details are given below. Pl. feel free to call / let me know if I could be of any help anytime from my end.
Awaiting your guidance to proceed further,
Vishal Indurkhya
C/o Dr. Raja's Diagnostics
1104, Andherdeo
Jabalpur - 482 002
Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Phone - 0761 - 2652487
Mobile - [0] 94252-13300
E-mail -


 8 Replies

yogesh (will tell you later)     02 October 2010

Dear Vishal,

I don't know about the cause of action under which jurisdiction it falls If Your wife has filed the 498-A case then it will amounts to cruelty caused to the wife by the husband and his relatives which is non bailable offence

Since they have filed the FIR aginst you then you should seek for Anticipatorily bail by filing application before the Additional session Judge

As the the aforesaid law is maximum misused the Delhi High Court and Supreme Court has ruled out that no arrest shall be made without investigation procedures and the approval of ACP/DSP is required

There is also option of filing reverse cases such as 108,120-B,211,500 under the provisions of the IPC

As far as giving dowry is concerned you may also file case under section 3 of Dowry Prohibition Act for giving the dowry to him

Divorce can be granted mutually before the Additional District Judge but your wife has to withdraw case under section 498-A which has levyied aginst you

1 Like

DEEPAK ASSOCIATES (08010117611)     08 October 2010

Call the detail by summon the IT person in court at the time of defense evidence and clear it to court.

However you can file the complaint against the person who hide his gain intentionally to IIT Department during inquiry it will be cleared to you.

1 Like

Anil Sood (Self Employeed)     08 October 2010

Dear Vishal

I attach herewith 2 decisions of High Courts, One by P&H High Cout and other by Delhi High Court on information sought under RTI Act 2005. Hope the same will help you to get the required infrmation

Attached File : 25 25 hc delhi rti 2007 3114 2007.pdf downloaded: 728 times
1 Like


file added 

Attached File : 9 9 untitled page.pdf downloaded: 493 times

manoj (officer)     24 January 2011

Hi, I am also seeking for this information. Can someone help me to understand how our IT details or bank details are fetched by wife's lawyer in any criminal, civil case.

can i request to provide me this information at earliest.

Thanks in advance.


The PAN details for a person can be found online at the below link:

This just requires the name and Date of Birth that your wife would obviously know. Similarly the income details also.

manoj (officer)     29 January 2011

Mr. Mithilesh, Thanks very much for information.

In addition to this, One more question i will have Is there any link available for IBS where our bank details are also be seen by wife/her relatives?

can she get the details through the RTI and whether that are also shared by IBS?

Can you pl. let me know.

S.K.SARRAF (ADVOCATE) (LAWYER)     18 March 2014

IF RTI authorities do not respond well, you may approach  CIC- too.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register