25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

saravanakumar.v (Engineer)     07 November 2011

Need valuable assitance - pls help


My Father has rented out one of the  commercial shop at porur . He used to renew the aggrement for every 11 months since last five years.

Since he is suffering from vision problem recently , he has decided to use the shop for own purpose , as doctor adviced not travel long distance.

He has informed the tenant peacfully regarding to vacate the premises as per the aggrement.

But the tenant has filed a case against us stating

1.Demanding for high monthly rent

2.Demanding for high advance

3.Threating them by Goondas

A counter Civil suite case has been register from our side .

Their main stratergy is to delay and disintegrate the process of vacating the premises.

They  have stopped paying the monthly rent for last 2 years.

It is been almost 2 years that the case has been filed by each other, but not even for single hearing  we have been called for.

Kindly assist us

1.How to speed up the process to vacate the tenant , since my fathers health is down day by day

2.Is there any process or law to file them against




 3 Replies

SURESH GODBOLE (ADVOCATE)     07 November 2011

Commercial estabilishment can only be vacated from the tenant if the Owner proves it is for his personal use and has no other Source of Income

What you advocate is doing

To get residential premises vacated is a long drawn process , and its much more difficult for a Commercial one

The Rent is as per the rent Contral Act or much higher

If you state few things , some expert here may help you

1 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     08 November 2011

Dear sarvan

Mr. Godbole is right informed

1 Like

Deepak Vishwakarma (Advocate)     09 November 2011

Dear saravanakumar ,

                                       boath the experts said legally strong.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query