LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kapil Kumar   19 August 2017

Mental and psychological abuse and harassment at workplace

Sir, I joined this company in the month of January as a Team Lead. My KRA were constantly changed and I asked management multiple times to fix my KRAs as per my designation and competence. They never did that. Despite that my monthly performance ratings were "Meeting Expectation". There had been various incidents where I was subjected to derogatory and disparaging behavior in front of my team. I was roastered in shifts that are inhuman and punishing, I have proof of all this behavior. I was issued warnings and dragged to HR for trifles and leaves that I took for medical emergencies whereas the abseentism in team is 30%-40% and no warning email were sent to others.However there were no warnings from HR. And I was removed from the project and HR told me that my separation from organisation would be initiated. And they are not confirming me after the 6 months of probation period on grounds of performance. Please suggest something. I am really depressed and have been sleepless for weeks, I have dark circles and lost weight too.

Learning

7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 August 2017

There are two common types of probationary periods of employment. The first type is typically entered into when a person takes a new job. Many companies implement a period of time where the employee and employer can determine if the job is a good fit for the new staff member. The second type of probationary period is usually a result of an employee not meeting the expectations of the position or having done something that breaks company policy. A time frame is determined in which the employee will be required to work on performance issues in an attempt to avoid being terminated. Better follow company rules and abide the seniors.

Kapil Kumar   20 August 2017

Rama chary Rachakonda sir, In my case they are not giving me any time to work and improve my performance issues if there are any. This clause is also on my joining letter that probation could be extended. They just removed me from the project and post which I am told that I would be removed from the organisation. I have approached HR but this is what I have been told. They have never given any warnings of any sort and neither was any attemt to help me improve my alleged non performance.  This is happening with me because there were some prevalent issues in the team that were escalated by me.

(Guest)

Companies normally keep their employees on their toes. If work culture of the company does not suit you, it will be in your own interest to switch over to some other company, rather than thinking about taking up legal battle with the company, as there can be scope of ruining of your career rather than any achievement.

Best of luck. 

(Guest)

In deed, very practical advice by Mr. Jigyasu.

(Guest)

Thanks for your appreciation Dhingra ji.

Kapil Kumar   20 August 2017

G.) Probationary Period:
i) You will be on probation for a period of six months from your date of joining the Company and
continuity of your employment with the Company is dependent on confirmation of your employment.
The Company reserves the right to revise the probation period depending on your performance and/or
other consideration.

ii) At any time during your probation period the Company may confirm your employment by way of a
written communication, if your performance is found to be satisfactory. Your probation shall be
deemed extended, for a period not exceeding 30 days, in a situation where you do not receive the
aforesaid written communication from the Company.

H.) Performance Review: You will be eligible to participate in Company’s performance review process as per
Company policy.

This is the clause about probationary period, however in my scenario no such time is being given to me.

They are violating the terms of their employment contract themselves. I need time to at lease search and get a new job. In this scenario how would I support my family.

(Guest)

Term for resignation is also included in the offer/appointment letter. That you have not described in your post. You may better say goodbye to your employer by serving them with resignation notice and find some other suitable job.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register