Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Env Coord (.)     16 July 2022

Meaning paper book in civil appeal

What is the meaning of paper book ?

Someone told me that after the Court passes an 'order on exhibit' (Application moved by me), the next step is paper book. What happens at the stage of paper book ? Is something required to be done by the Plaintiff during 'paper book' stage ? 

Paper Book
  Hearing
  Judgment

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 July 2022

The Advocate that has taken up the case, circulates all those needed exhibits, pleadings, plaint, written statements, written arguments in an orderly manner indexing with gist of facts with such chronology of events and files them before the appellate court after serving notices if any to other party and with those acknowledgments.

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 July 2022

What are the facts? Which Court? Please post the relevant facts.

Env Coord (.)     17 July 2022

It is a civil decree under execution proceeding. I had filed an application for examination of J.D. regarding his assets, as he had defaulted in installment payment of decretal amount. Court is not passing any order on my application, only notices have been issued to J.D. to file his reply to my application. After serving copies of my application twice, once to his advocate (who later withdrew her appearance) and another service was effected upon J.D. through 'private notice'. After service upon J.D. through 'private notice' a new advocate filed his Vakalatnama seeking adjournment in the matter and sought time to file his reply to my 'application for examination of J.D. regarding his assets'. 90 days has elapsed since service of my private notice. However, during the last hearing (15th July), court passed order on exhibit and granted reliefs as prayed for in the application. On next hearing, someone told me that next step is 'paper book'.

Hence, I asked the question pertaining to 'paper book'. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register