Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Dash (Professional)     30 June 2011

Legal Notice Through E-mail

Hi

What is the worth of a Legal Notice sent through E-mail, can I proceed through this legal notice if there is no response from the party even after 15 days.  

Actually I have purchased a car and company claim the average 18.6 and I am getting 11.61.

I’m making complaint since six months, but distributor saying Company is responsible and company says distributor is responsible.

I am harassed now, please help me what shall I do.

Regards

Rajesh Das

Learning

7 Replies

Sajeev Menon (Legal Consultant Dubai 00971 508836442)     30 June 2011

Dear Rajesh,

Email notice is not enough to claim something legally. You have to get the notice printed and should be delivered to the office or the present address of the concerned party on registred post. When you get the signed acknowledgement of the acceptance or denial of the notice, you can produce it before the court to prove that thre had been a legal claim for the relief. Otherwise it will be difficult for you to prove that you have noticed this before the respondant and he notified as well. 

Doveson (advocate)     30 June 2011

If the email address has been provided to u by the person or it is on the card/letter head/bill of that person, its proper service. And in ur case, more than enough since the notice is not a statutory notice. However in case of statutory notice like in cheque bouncing cases, its advisable to give a hard copy of the notice.

Doveson (advocate)     30 June 2011

If the email address has been provided to u by the person or it is on the card/letter head/bill of that person, its proper service. And in ur case, more than enough since the notice is not a statutory notice. However in case of statutory notice like in cheque bouncing cases, its advisable to give a hard copy of the notice.

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora. (Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India)     01 July 2011

Dear Querist,

For filing a consumer complaint, it is not a statutory requirement that a notice is needed to be issued by the consumer-complainant to the opposite party before lodging a complaint before a consumer forum. Since it is not statutorily required, whatever mode of service of notice is followed/chosen, according to me, is valid.

Trust this would suffice.

Rabin Majumder

Advocate-on-Record

Supreme Court of India

Rajesh Dash (Professional)     01 July 2011

Thanks Sir, thanks for your valuable suggestions.

What shall i do sir, 

Should i go for a consumer case, or any other case 

please let me know, 

Thanks & Regards 

R.Das

Sachin Anand (Fresher)     07 May 2012

Can E-Mail legal notice be without reg. no. of Lawyer?

bhoopathishankar (Advocate)     09 May 2012

Dear querist.

E-mail Legal notice is not sufficient, because it is very dificult to prove the same before the court of law. So, it is better to send notice through registred post and courier, which facilitates the complainant to substantiate the same and lessen the scope of escaping from the liability of Respondant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register