LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Basheer Abdullah (TEAM LEADER SALES)     20 July 2012

Legal heirs & power of attorney

Our mother died in November 2010 and father died in June 2011 and both died as NRI in Saudi Arabia. We are 2 sons and 3 daughters all residing in Saudi Arabia, except one daughter who lives in India. How can we make a Power of Attorney? We need to make the POA on one of the sons but then on each case he will need to travel to India. Is there any other way that we can entrust an agent to do things on our behalf and specific concent but not act on his own?


 4 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     20 July 2012

Yes you can constitute a Special Power of Attorney replete with all safeguards like seeking your instructions in writing before taking each step. The SPA would have to be notarised by Indian Consul in your State/Country. 

Basheer Abdullah (TEAM LEADER SALES)     20 July 2012

Thank you very much Bharat. But, we have property in Mumbai and Kerala. Can we have an agent in each case or one will do? Are trustworthy agents really available? Does that have to be advocates or lawyers? Awaiting for your reply.

Naveen Kumar (service)     20 July 2012

Mr.Basheer, How do you believe an agent, since you are there in Saudi.  instead of giving SPA to any agent why cant you people give GPA in favour of your Sister who resides in india.  What is the reason to give GPA only to your brother ?.

OK If you wanted to give GPA you need to get it stamped from Embassy of your Country and same should forwarded to the person to whom you are giving GPA, they need that document to be stamped for Rs.200 here before District Register and act accordingly.  This is the procedure

amit (propriter)     20 July 2012

I and my mother was  the joint owner of property,after the death of my mother i have tranferred the membership of hsg. soc. with the help of NOC and intiminity bond of both elder sisters .(married)but now i wish to sell the said property but one of my sister is not willing to give me NOC for sale so what should be done ?


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register