LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karuna arya (ship broker)     16 May 2014

Installment of separate water tank in builder floor

I am here on this forum again with the same question. we stay in builder flat total 6 flat 3 front 3 back, we are on top floor. we 6 flats have 4 water tanks on roof. but being on top floor we were always facing water pressure problems. thus installed separate tank on our roof which is being filled simultaneously with other tanks. we actually disconnected our pipeline from common tank and connected to the new separate tank on our roof.

the other 4 out of 5 flats are pressing us to pay more than half of all expenses like electricity bill plus any repair job in motor or submersible pump.  In fact out of expenses of Rs 12000 the rest four are paying only 5600 and put balance on our head.

which we are not agreeing to because our point is that use of water is similar as when we are using from common tank. installing of separate tank was forced decision as we hardly got water when taps were being used in ground floor or first floor. 

now my question is that what is right or what is wrong? do we really require to pool extra for electricity plus all repair work to be carried out in the electric motor and submersible pump??

Also pls advise name of some lawyer who can help us in this matter. we are not very well to do family but again being pushed by neighbour to go legal.

Many Thanks. 

Learning

1 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     18 May 2014

In which State are you situated? Laws change from State to State.

As you are only 6 members it is doubtful that you can form an Association and register it under any of the Acts. But you could have formed an Association, adopted a Memorandum of Understanding with bye-laws and register it with Registrar of Assurances.

I presume that you have no registered association and have not adopted any bye-laws. So you have a free for all and anarchy. Correct me if I am wrong.

In any case you are plainly in the wrong. You face pressure drop in your tap whenever a tap is opened in any of the lower floors. This problem would be because you have one vertical 1/2" line which serve 3 flats one above the other. It was not necessary for you to install a separate roof tank. You draw a separate 1/2" line direct from the same common tank but from a point at some distance from the existing line down to your flat. Alternatively you can change the present 1/2" line to 3/4" or 1" line from the tank down to your flat and continue downwards thereafter the same old 1/2" line.

Have you got a Forum to discuss these matters and take decisions? Did you consult that Forum and get their approval for your tank? It appears to me that you are in the wrong and other members are justified in asking you to pay more. In fact they can even get your roof tank removed at your cost.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register