LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ekta Darayan   16 June 2020

How to divorce without meatual concern?

Myself Nisha, Sir/Mam After 14 year marriage how can file divorce without meatual concern ?


 4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 June 2020

Are you referring to "divorce without mutual consent"? In the absence of material facts, any meaningful suggestion is impossible.

1 Like

Virtual Legal Assistant (.)     16 June 2020


Please provide proper facts so that we can solve your query. There are different laws to obtain a divorce for different religion in India. Divorce by mutual consent can be obtained when both husband and wife are ready to separate.

However, when divorce is initiated by either spouse, it is called a contested divorce. Strong evidence has to be presented in court to support the ground on which divorce is sought. For a contested divorce the legal grounds can be as follows-

  • Adultery
  • Conversion
  • Cruelty
  • Mentally unstable
  • Non-resumption of cohabitation by a spouse
  • Whereabouts not known for more than 7 years
  • Non-restitution of conjugal rights.

You may refer to the following article which will be able to help you:

1 Like

Ekta Darayan   17 June 2020

I will discus on call pls provide your number.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 June 2020

First understand that the law is very complicated and it is always proper to have one to one discussion with local advocate.  Contacting many persons may confuse you and because the guidance is free never resort to online guidance in complicated matters.  Contact a local Lady advocate and act as per her directions as several issues are involved in such divorce like your future and children if any's future, your career etc/

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register