Very unfortunate reporting of a poor girls loss. I pray for the girls family to give them courage to withstand from this unfortunate early death as per media reporting.
Having read the news and making a prudent medical hypothesis on media reporting, I say sudden low blood pressure with no symptoms is almost never serious. Any of the readers may check this medical statement with their GP.
I also add that health problems can occur when blood pressure drops suddenly, and the brain is deprived of an adequate blood supply. This can lead to dizziness or lightheadedness. Sudden drops in blood pressure most commonly occur in someone “who's rising from a prone or sitting position to standing”. This kind of low blood pressure is known as postural hypotension, orthostatic hypotension, or neurally mediated orthostatic hypotension.
Postural hypotension is considered a failure of the autonomic nervous system -- the part of the nervous system that controls involuntary vital actions, such as the heartbeat - to react appropriately to sudden changes. Normally, when you stand up, some blood pools in your lower extremities. Uncorrected, this would cause your blood pressure to fall. But your body normally compensates by sending messages to your heart to beat faster and to your blood vessels to constrict. This offsets the drop in blood pressure. If this does not happen, or happens too slowly, postural hypotension results.
I am aware you may not buy these arguments based on sound medical principals hence I also add that the cause of low blood pressure symptoms aren't always clear. It may be associated with the following:
- Pregnancy (ruled out as it is a rural reporting where rural ladies are more socially orthodox)
- Hormonal problems such as an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), diabetes, or low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) [she may have and only a PM dome on her can establish such]
- Over-the-counter medications (we don’t know from the reporting)
- Overdose of high blood pressure drugs (we don’t know from the reporting)
- Heart failure (may been the case and may have happened may be due to sudden postural hypotension)
- Heart arrhythmias (abnormal heart rhythms) [may triggered]
- Widening, or dilation, of the blood vessels [may triggered]
- Heat exhaustion or heat stroke (ruled out as it is a winter clubbed with rural environs reporting where temp. is +- 7Degrees lower than concrete jungles means nearby urban centers)
- Liver disease (don’t know)
Also, if above are medical benchmarks I must acknowledge that sudden drops in blood pressure can be life-threatening.
Well, all the valid reasons may come out with her PM report (which I doubt, just bze in rural areas they cremate their deads without waiting for Police in such incidences, however this comment may not be taken as my only verdict) and what makes me furthermore really sad is that the place is closer to NCR Delhi and yet the dowry eradication programs of NCW and various Social Departments have still not reached the NCR regions leave aside other deep areas. The blame is to be given to Central and State Agencies who gets so much Central grants for forcefully launching Anti Dowry programs in interiors and it is felt that these agencies still need to do more.
I don't wish to comment on 7.7 L as I feel unless their is a mass social movement against it, this traditional customary practice may never be eradicated. Otherway to look is to tax all weddings from Block level to cosmo. cities based on plate system. I am confident this will happen before anything else gets pushed as each State needs ot generate revenue when Central coffers are almost now-a-days empty with all these multi cr scams.