Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Girl dies of low BP,after man cancels marriage due to dowry

Page no : 2

(Guest)

The girl's parents had given Rs 7.27 lakh cash and a motorcycle as dowry to Saurab following his family's demand, police said. However, the boy's family on February 5 raised their demand and asked for a car in dowry. Kanchan's parents expressed their inability to meet the demand following which Saurab's family pulled out of the marriage arrangement.

For parents ‘s  point of view: Demanding more and more why because you gave it and making negating with them, why? your daughter‘s value is like these? BOTH ARE LIABLE FOR THAT.

I have read the news and what my thought is this:

Giving and taking dowry is an offence and the person should be punished if husband or wife or their parents (though the wife is an exception) but I live in equality where both should be punished including their parents.

Now, the silly girl died as I have no regrets for them,( When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, remember that God has given you a thousand reasons to smile.) I think their parents and husband and their mother in laws should also punished so that in future nobody ask for dowry.

3. Penalty for giving or taking dowry.-(1) If any person, after the commencement of this Act, gives or takes or abets the giving or taking of dowry, he shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which shall not be less than five years, and with the fine which shall not be less than fifteen thousand rupees or the amount of the value of such dowry, whichever is more:

Provided that the Court may, for adequate and special reasons to be recorded in the judgment, impose a sentence of imprisonment for a term of less than five years.

And lastly dowry ends with no more giving and taking.:P 

Stop giving dowry,thereafter no more taking,And someone still ask  remember this(girls and their parents should remember)

"When someone walk out your life, let them. They are just making more room for someone better to walk in."

Think If their parents gives then after what ,the wife 's life become like a hell.

1 Like

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     10 February 2011

TRY TO INTROSPECT ON THE OTHER ANGLE :

If the girl had died in the Husbands house, due to low BP,  the girl's family could have made the husbands life into a living hell.    LOW BP does not happen suddenly.  IT is a chronic problem.  Further the Girl could have used her Low BP problem, to allege & create hell for her husband, which is evident from the scores of false 498a & DVAct cases.

Introspecting further, the Girl's father too took dowry from his wife's parents during his marriage and now he too faces the same situation.  If the issue of dowry is so paramount, as well as refrain from getting the girl married off or wait till some anti-dowry boy comes along.  What's the problem in waiting.

AS IT IS,  IBNLIVE channel is famous for its b*tchy and nusiance ways of creating social excitement.  Nothing new in dowry taking and dowry giving. 

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

3 Like

Ambika (NA)     10 February 2011

There is only and only one solution for this dowery problems. And I am referring to one of Renuka Gupta's posting which I read with lot of interest, and TajobsInsia Ji's referring to her reminded of the post. She had written that unless girl children are empowered in thier parental homes and as Mallik has said Marriage is not projected out to be be all and end all, this menace would continue. Investment in education of a girl child, equal decision making powers, and equal property rights( households who have property and land) and land rights would to a woman from her natal homes would give her that confidence and power to say NO to dowery along with several sensitive men young and old to say NO to dowery. Investment in education for giving power to girls women would pay in the long run...but the step has to be taken much before the fruits of that investment is visible in terms of women and girsl having a sense of power within.....society would take time to change but that does not mean that we would wait for it to change and then move ahead. 

Again going back to Renuka Gupta's post the text of which I have with me, she had said that Parents of a woman are much responsible for her helpless situation . For the prime responsibility of brining up a child in the environs of equality starts from very home she is born in .

I am sorry I have not read all the posts, but this dowery discussion cought my eyes, and let me say someting on this, if not original, than what I feel, relevant to this discussion. 

(Guest)

@tajobsindia

I will admit this much here that I miss Renuka Gupta today as in one of her posts she pointed to me my copy / paste of a legal article…….further I was under the impression till today that you being Adv. must be better than average IQ ‘general public’ …………

@Ambika

Again going back to Renuka Gupta's post the text of which I have with me, she had said that Parents of a woman are much responsible for her helpless situation . For the prime responsibility of brining up a child in the environs of equality starts from very home she is born in .

Ok,friends thanks to Renuka Gupta:P

I will send this msg. to Renuka gupta , she will be happy as we all remember her.

1 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     10 February 2011

There is no disease such as low BP in medicine.

i have full sympathy with the girl but not her parents, why marry off girl to such a greedy guy?

is it so necessary to marry off , its like throwing your daughter into a WELL.
for them daughters are like ghar ka kachra to get rid of.

both boy and girl 's family shud be booked if the facts are true.

most imp: how did she die?

suicide or poisoned . she needs an autopsy.

on basis of low BP no one will be prosecuted as it is never a cause of death. at most such a shocking news can lead to vasovagal attack (temporary loss of consciousness) commonly known as head and feet cold .

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     10 February 2011

@ Team Ambika

Aaz kal kutch khas back posts badi jaldi mil jati hai apko ! Baki ko "mai abhi new member hun" kaha karo fir bhi manana padega apki legal grasping power already improved hai..............training sahi disha mei di gayi hai...................   

2 Like

Arvind Sehdev (Advocate)     10 February 2011

What I think is that because the girl died... they now want to blame it on someone........

2 Like

Jamai Of Law (propra)     10 February 2011

very sad.

Other parents won't learn from this........................ and same mistake will be commited on the very next day in the same mohalla!!!!

Anyways ..............................persons with low diastolic blood pressure also causes problems and also may cause death in cetain cases. it may be a case to investigation and autopsy may be required.

7.27 lacs....why  people are behind women to get rid of them!!!

1 Like

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     10 February 2011

agree with jamai sir, but only this shock cannot be a cause of death in absence of a pre-existing disease.

1 Like

Rajeev Singh (Law Student)     11 February 2011

Arup ji -  why do you vomit your inner frustration out on this forum , kabhi toh positive human being ki tarah soch lo.

With so much excitement you explain people about extra maritals and live in relationships, give them tips that what are the measures to maintain them etc but on such sad cases you are busy vomitting your frustration.    You are really bad mouthed sir, you need to see some doctor.   Iam sorry but really your negativity is increasing its peak.

The case is really sad,

2 Like

tortured_aathma (none)     11 February 2011

i really feel sad when i see news today on TV. its quite different than what it used to be 40 yrs bak, only yellow jounalism. they know how to sensetaionalise without knowing real truth. this has happened in a lot of recent cases.

Dowry must be eradicated by all means if social fabric of society has to be preserved.

1 Like

Ambika (NA)     11 February 2011

You are correct TajobaIndia Ji. I do not come here with empty mind...and reading old threads ---is a gradual process but I do keep some material in a separate file including yours which I find is very good and relevant for many issues. 

Goes without saying this dig too is taken very positively....because there is nothing personal about it though I am able to discen some indirect implicaiton of the comment....:)

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     11 February 2011

Originally posted by :Rajeev Singh
"
Arup ji -  why do you vomit your inner frustration out on this forum , kabhi toh positive human being ki tarah soch lo.

With so much excitement you explain people about extra maritals and live in relationships, give them tips that what are the measures to maintain them etc but on such sad cases you are busy vomitting your frustration.    You are really bad mouthed sir, you need to see some doctor.   Iam sorry but really your negativity is increasing its peak.

The case is really sad,
"

you are right Mr. rajeev.

even i felt always that he needs professional help.

arup is full of hatred,venom.in the past also,around 2 months back,once when family forum had become harmonious,he started provoking members to fight with one another

and this spoiled peace again.

.he likes fights...it's his only mode of entertainment,after live in relationships.

i think if he starts killing flies in his house,that will be a gud way of venting his frustration.

2 Like

Or cleaning--dusting, sweeping , swabbing,  the house, doing loundary, washing dishes, bringing in groceries, cooking, serving food, collecting dishes, and if some time left then engaging in homeopatic practice...and then if still  there is time, reading, and going for an hour's walk. .... where then would be time to advocate for live in relationships( that of a married man with an unmarried woman) and venting out personal frustrations onto the public forum....

2 Like

Or cleaning--dusting, sweeping , swabbing,  the house, doing loundary, washing dishes, bringing in groceries, cooking, serving food, collecting dishes, and if some time left then engaging in homeopatic practice...and then if still  there is time, reading, and going for an hour's walk. .... where then would be time to advocate for live in relationships( that of a married man with an unmarried woman) and venting out personal frustrations onto the public forum....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register