LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pooja 12345 (0)     05 June 2015

Fake marriage registered

Hi, My friend and her bf got a fake marriage registered under hindu marriage act by providing fake wedding card and photo as he was not sure whether she will marry him later. Now she has married him but she doesnt want to keep that old marriage certificate as that marriage was fake. she wants to register this current and true marriage and use this date as her actual wedding date. Difference between old and new wedding is 3 years. Please help


 6 Replies

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     05 June 2015

Any marriage which is registered before the register office is a vaild marriage. Your friend cannot have a second marriage, unless the first marriage is disolved under the decree of divorce or declared as null and void. You friend is liable for crimnial prosecution for her second marriage.

1 Like

saravanan s (legal advisor)     05 June 2015

to add to adv satish assuming that she had married the same guy after three years my advice would be to leave the matter and proceed with your life.what you did was forgery in the eyes of law and if you raise the issue you only will be penalised.

1 Like


You cannot marry the same person twice without a divorce.. You would cause an awful lot of bad feelings in both families if they found out you were already married and didn't tell anybody. As the earlier marriage whether performed or not, is registered and valid in the eyes of law.

1 Like

Pooja 12345 (0)     06 June 2015

Sir she has married the same person after 3 years.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     06 June 2015

what your husband made is a fraud and cheating in the eyes of law and if you want to cancel the first fake registered certificate then you have to go through legally through court and all the details will come out in light and he will be prosecuted for cheating may be his intention was to harass you and get married by black mailing you and what circumstances appeared we dont know but after three years you understood him and you both got married

so leave the present and leave happily with your old marriage registration certificate

1 Like


Don't  try to bring the fake registration into limelight,Both of U will be in a soup. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register