LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arkadeep paul   30 October 2021

Experience letter submission

My previous employer has given me experience letter by sending me email to me. Inside that email there was no soft copy of the letter. Instead there was a Google drive link with non editable access to me. Now in this letter the company tried to pull me down by writing some bad and lies against me. By this I got very nervous that time and contacted HR requesting to provide a good and truth letter to me. The HR provided me with the same letter but changed the bad sentences and words and mailed me from her personal email address. After joining a new company I was asked to provide the experience letter from the previous employment and as it's my first experience to change a company, I've send the letter that HR had given to me from her personal email. Now after some days I watched the official letter that was given via an informal Google drive link got some updation by them who has access(but still some bad sentences was present) without giving me any notice.

Now,when the new company send background checking team to my previous company, at the same time I sent the version that the previous employment sent to me(the one with the link and Not Sent by HR and containing the last updated version with some bad sentences) i e the actual version that company issued and continuously changing without any notice.

Now please tell me can I got involved into any legal problems? Please be noted that I've sent the actual version to the new employer. Is there any way ?

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 October 2021

You are expecting foretelling on the ever-changing response of your past employer in a forum dedicated to guiding litigants.  As far as your performance is satisfactory, the past employer's certificate is not significant unless the offenses are serious financial frauds or other moral conduct.  Ignore them, have peace of mind, focus on the present employer and be sincere and hardworking.  You can change the employer and not their attitude towards an employee that left employment.

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 October 2021

Yes, in the given facts, it is impossible that there could be a definite suggestion as to how the present employer would decide the issue. It is a matter of discretion and there are no legal issues inherent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register