Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr manoj Kumar Paul (Principal)     03 April 2014

Email hacking and deletion of email

Sir,

On 02-01-2014 a hard copy of an email dated 05-09-2013, was handed over to me by my head assistant saying that an email was sent from my ID. the content of the email was as under:

......................................................................................................................................

"Subject: You must read this

From: Dr. Manoj Kumar Paul <.my email id @rediffmail.com>Thu.5 Sep'13 8:49p

To: <vchandra009@gmail.com>

Show Full Headers         View blocked images

Hi, how are you doing? Losing weight is the best thing I've done in my life. http//bitly.com/1aT0Jui

It's free to try, what do you have to lose? Please let me know how well  it works for you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going through the hard copy of the email I was rather surprised to note that the mail is dated 5th Sept. 2013 but the matter is being informed to me on 02-01-2014, i.e. after nearly 4 months

Secondly, it was addressed to some vchandra009@gmail.com, who is totally unknown to me but it is allegedly received by the lady librarian at the college libraian's official email id at rediffmail.com, which is impossible in normal emailing system.

Thirdly,I had never sent any such mail to anybody.

Fourth, I checked my sent mail box but no such mail was found.

Fifth, I checked my contact list but no such contact with vchandra009@gmail was found.

The lady librarian charged that there was an objectionable picture in this email which was not shown in the hard copy.

After getting the hard copy I thought that it was perhaps the act of some hacker and accordingly I sent alert to all of my contacts that my email was hacked in the month of September 2013.

On 02-01-2014 I tried to check the webpage link that was claimed to have some objectionable image but surprisingly no such web page was available.

I thought that  either the librarian or the head assistant is trying to blackmail me for some reasons.

I planned to file an FIR at the local PS. But on 03-01-2014 there was a Strike in the city and as a result it was not possible to lodge the FIR.

On 04-01-2014, before lodging the FIR I wanted to confirm whether any such mail had been received by the librarian or not and went to her chamber. I asked her that if she had received any such mail on 5th Sept. 2013 then for what reason she had not informed the matter to me earlier and what was the reason to send the hard copy through the head Assistant of the college.

Her reply was that she was hesitating to tell the matter me. Then I asked that you hesitated to inform the matter to your Principal but not to the Head Assistant who is also a male.

However, I requested to open her mail box and show me the mail.

She opened her mail box and exactly the above text was found in her Rediffmail ID. But there was no any picture or image. I asked her that if the mail was addressed to vchandra009@gmail.com then how it was received by you in your rediffmail account? There was no answer. I asked her about the image, then her reply was there was a bad image at the right had top corner at that time.

I was really very angry to listen all these nonsense and out that I deleted the mail from her inbox.

After this she along with the head assistant and some other teachers of the college, made it a big issue and accused me that I had sent an objectionable email to the lady librarian and when the matter came to their knowledge I had forcefully deleted the same from her account.

Here to note that the email Id in which she received the mail is not her personal id but it was created for all official communications of the library for example for placing orders of books and other library materials, etc.

Now I am very much in trouble as the group is trying at every level to malign my image in the society. they have published it in the local dailies. Not only this but they are demanding my resignation on this issue.

However, I had lodged an FIR at local Police Station on 04-01-2014 and requested the SP to refer the matter to the cyber crime cell and accordingly it has already been referred.

Now the vested group is trying to harass or book me through the Sexual Harassment of Women in working place ACT 2013.

I request you to provide me suggestion and guidance.

Learning

1 Replies

SAM (LEGAL)     04 April 2014

Dont worry dear, nothing will happen to you if you are true. Go to the Discliplinary committee set up by the college or your along with your advocate and clear your case out there. If your college do not have Disciplinary committee set up in the college then you can file misc application in the court against the opposite party for defamation of your name as well as compensation for damages claimed by yourself against her.

Just be clear in your case and be confident, you need to defend your case on your own or through your advocate along with proper and justifiable evidence so that no one can malign your name anymore.

Also please file NC Complaint in the local police station and keep the xerox copy of the NC with you for future.

Regards,

Sam

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register