LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aftab4u (PVT EMPLOYEE)     02 January 2013

Delhi high court caps maintenance at 600

In an unprecedented and unanticipated relief to husbands, the Delhi High Court has fixed the cap of maintenance to be paid by husbands to their estranged wives at Rs. 600.

In a society that reeks of male hatred and suffers from inherent anti-male bias, this controversial pro-husband decision comes as a much needed relief to the scores of harassed husbands who keep running from pillar to post highlighting their plight in order to remove the axe of exorbitant maintenance slapped on them.

Says Supreme Court advocate Suresh Tiwari, “Yes, this decision was truly surprising, albeit a pleasant one. These days women make claims of 2-3 lakhs per month as maintenance. Ultimately they do get around 35-40K. And the poor husband has no option but to pay it through his nose. I take up cases only on behalf of men and when I listen to their heart-rending stories, this decision is like an oasis in a desert.”

However, the Delhi High Court Chief Justice ain’t amused at the feminist outcry against this very rational decision of his. Rues P. Murugesan, CJ, Delhi HC, “I am at a total loss attempting to comprehend the logic and rationale behind these mindless protests by feminists against this very rational decision of mine.”

Contending that he had a proper backing for his decision, the CJ continued, “Instead of throwing stones at me, they should go and talk to their big boss, the Delhi CM Smt. Sheila Dixit, who just said that Rs.600 is enough for a family of 5 to survive for a month.”

He explained, “normally we get cases wherein the husband is expected to maintain a family of five – wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, sister-in-law and brother-in-law. And hence, we thought that when since the CM herself believes that a family of 5 can survive on Rs. 600 for a month, we thought why to unnecessarily bother husbands and fixed the cap at Rs. 600”.

Agreed another High Court lawyer Gyanish Mittal, “This is a very welcome decision as it would also help reduce the latency of cases, since with a simple straitjacket formula, appeals and counter-appeals would be less and courts can focus on non-matrimonial issues.”

Nilathiri Shekhar, a prominent men’s rights activist welcomed the decision with stretched arms and said, “This will help men in their financial planning also. If their wives leave the home and go away, all he needs to do is set aside Rs. 600 from finances and then forget about the case. This will help reduce stress on men and will also bring down the number of suicides committed by married men, at least in Delhi.”

If any one having the judgement pls share with us !

Learning

12 Replies

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     02 January 2013

Welcome this decision. Just few days back Tajobs and few of us were highlighting the same in th post, here comes the judgement. WoV !! Now fake women who oulls into court for maintenance will run away.

Hail the judges and his logic

(Guest)

Can you share the judgement ?

rahul (director)     02 January 2013

i think ,,,this is not any judgment... its his (CJ-DELHI HC) view only..

cm jain sir (ccc)     03 January 2013

If you have copy of this judgement then please post it immediately. Pls dont spread any unwanted bakwaas of these lawmakers. They do lot of bakwaas out of court but in reality most of them are feminist.

Ranee....... (NA)     03 January 2013

Rs.600 is enough for a family of 5 to survive for a month.”

but what family?

Mouse/fly or Ant family?

Smt. Sheila Dixit must be a very funny woman..ha ha 

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     03 January 2013

Rahul, it is judgemnet order passed  by HC of delhi. It is not view, this judgement was protested by fake feminists who has no time when Sheela declared 600 Rs enough for family of five. Why  did not these feminist group  gathered to protest that. Is poor woman not their consideration. This shows that NCW and radical ( rascal) feminist group is meant for only metro modern wives.

rahul (director)     03 January 2013

@Mani,

i searched on the Delhi High Court website, there is no case lisited before CJ delhi high court, in which he passes this order neither any suo moto order passed in the month of Dec2012 after sheela dixit declare Rs 600/- for a family of 5.

Akash (a)     07 January 2013

Dear Rahul and Mani,

Is it possible to get a link to the judgement or the relevant case number so that I can present the same.

Regards

Akash

rajiv_lodha (zz)     07 January 2013

I want to follow thread

Rahul (Engineer)     14 January 2013

Dear mani,

Could you please share the judgement or Judgement details so that the it can be utilized by the needy people.

Thanks..

Ramesh (student)     03 December 2013

Dear all EXPERT,                             03/12/2013

THE  justice name

Rues P. Murugesan, CJ, Delhi HC, in the link of all the judges of DELHI HIGH COURT IS NOT AVAILABLE

https://lobis.nic.in/dhc/

https://delhihighcourt.nic.in/cjsittingjudges.asp

can any body enlighten on the issue

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     03 December 2013

There is no such judgment and there can be no such judgment, as the Central Govt. vide its amendment removed the cap of Rs.500/. which was existing earlier.  This is the flight of imagination of chauvanists.  In these days, people have lost the talent to discern between the judicial order and  lampooning statement of chief justice of Delhi High Court qua CM of Delhi's statement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register