LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sam   05 August 2021

Decree on pagdi property - landlord is asking us to evict

-My father purchased a property which was in dispute in court (my father was not aware about the dispute)
-The dispute is ongoing in the court since 15yr. In short the sub-lease of the land of the said property did not renew the lease when it expired and the land owner filed an eviction suit for not renewing the lease. In 2008 court had passed an order that property to be in as-is condition and no transaction should be done on it but we bought in 2011
-We made payment to landlord via check and he allowed us to give the property on leave license basis 
-At present property is on leave license but in 2019 court had ordered a decree to vacant the property as he lost the case and the landlord filed an appeal and got a stay based on the condition that he has to deposit compensation in court-The landlord paid compensation every month and ran the course of the court but now the land owner filed a case for contempt on court and the landlord has asked me (my leave license tenant) to vacant the property as he says the court will seal it and we will lose our stuff

We have paid a big sum of money to the landlord and we cannot just let this property go because of his cheating. I want to know how can I safe guard myself, my leave license tenant and recover the money for the property or get the property in my name. Please guide me, I will wiling to take all the necessary steps even if it means sending the landlord to jail and filing a criminal case against him. I do not want to lose the property. 

I want to know will the court seal the property? and how can I file a case on landlord to recover? What should i do to safeguard myself and my leavlicen

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register