Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajat   17 December 2015

Country cliub fraud

Hi All,

I have purchased Country club membership in the month of Feb 2015. It was told to me that the membership includes 5 year holiday package(stay in any Country club hotel all over the world) and facilities like Gym etc. I have paid 50000 for the same.

Now after 8 months when i am planning to use Holiday package in Indai, they are telling that my membership doesnot include Holiday package. They are giving me some other Holiday package that can be used only in the months of Feb-Sep.. I am very dissapointed with the behaviour and the false promises they made at the time of selling the package.

I want to go to consumer court for this fraud and need help from someone who can guide me in proper direction for this legal steps.

Any reply from someone will be very much helpful in this case.

Thanks,

Rajat

Learning

6 Replies

THANGADURAI (Proprietor)     17 December 2015

The country club is run by a fraud and you can't get any thing except something as gift along with opening package. Even for using the GYM in country club, you have to pay. Rooms are rented to members on rental only. Nothing is free for members there. It is an organized fraud on community. Apart from the membership fees you have paid, they will charge Annual Maintenance charges also.

The country club team is day light robbers. You can try with consumer court if you have documentary evidence to show what they had promised. They cound have faced similar cases already and hence they are experienced to tackle the problems. Better to advise your friends not to join the CC. WISH YOU GOOD LUCK!

K.S.Srinivas (Advisor (HR))     18 December 2015

Country club is looting the people.  Number of cases have been filed against the country club.  You are also one of the victims.  Try your luck by filing complaint in the consumer forum.

Rajat   19 December 2015

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.

Today i had a call with Country club customer care and told them that at the time of buying the product something else was told to me but those benefits were not added to my Package.

Even they asked me to provide any documentary proof as the agreement clearly mention that this is for Club membership but not for holiday package.

Now below was my reply:-

1) i had reaised the same concern at the time of signing the agreement that nowhere it is mention that it incudes 5 years holiday plan. The answer was, club membership means Holiday package and other benefits. Also i will get the full copy of benefits after 15 days(once the cards will be processed and send to me)..

2) On the same day after the payment, i received the mail from the country club which clearly mention that i can plan for holidays even without waiting for the card as below:-

"February 27th 2015 03:24:16 PM

Once the card is verified we are going to ship it out. Most cards get shipped out within 24hrs of it getting made. You will get an email for every card that is generated.

If you cant wait for your card you can always log on to our website to book your holidays."

Isnt this enough to convince a person that he/she purchased a holiday package from country club even after signing the agreement which doesnt show Holiday package.

3)2nd welcome mail as below:-

Your membership number is ********************* (Club). Your holiday entitlement is valid upto . Your clubmembership entitlement is valid upto life time."
"Once again wishing you happy clubbing , gymming and holidaying" 

Here the answer from customer care executive was, its technical error to mention "Holiday" in all the mails sent to you.

Could you please clear my doubt if i can use these mails as documentary proof if i want to go to consumer court for this fraud.

Thanks in Advance,

Rajat

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 December 2015

The club has sent you a carefully worded mail avoiding the word free every where.  Now they will claim that this was not offered free of cost, as per the agreement it is on payment of charges meant for it.

However you may approach consumer forum to see if you can get any relief.

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     18 January 2016

I agree with the answers above 

THANGADURAI (Proprietor)     18 January 2016

Still the Country club call me despite my request not to call any more and to delete my name in their list. They still want to grab money from me saying that the annual maintenance is pending for the past several years.  They claim maintenance charges as if they had given me some thing to enjoy. One of the worst club in the world. Going to consumer court will take a long course of time for getting a poor compensation. Knowing that these kind of clubs are mushrooming up to grab public money by way of attractive offers.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register