consumer court case

How to file a case in consumer court against the company which is doing business though online portal?

Is it compulsory to hire a lawyer for this?


The company with address could be mentioned as opposite party in the case.

Retired employee.

First, contact a good and sincere advocate and he will study the facts and issue a comprehensive legal notice to the opposite party.  Keep that notice as a bonafide document of facts adhere to that notice and file complaint in Consumer forum as a party in person.  The cost of the legal notice may be less than Rs.500/- and that notice saves you from other expenses and entire expenses through forum may not exceed Rs.500/- in all.  Every forum was provided with help desk to assist consumers.


In principle, a presiding officer is to extend all possible help to an ignorant party-in-person.   He should choose proper sections of the Cr. P. C. and the I. P. C. for such party.

In practice, a presiding officer misuses all his powers at his disposal to let a party-in-person have it.    It'll otherwise be a bad precedent he feels.


Instead of proceeding party-in-person it is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer with relevant facts/documents for appreciation, guidance and proceeding, if you are seeking some positive result against the opposite party to protect your interest.


If contracting an Advocate and solely depending upon them is so unavoidable, what, then, lawyersclubindia is for?

Sec 9(2) of The Consumer Protection Regulations doesn't mention dust bins.

Sec 26(4) forbids insisting upon parties to engage advocates.

Sec 26(3) mentions about respect and courtesy to parties.


The Consumer Protection Regulations, 2005.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x