Confirmation deed for farm plot


There is layout formed by some developer with the farmers land and each plot measures 6000 sqft.

I bought a farm plot in this layout near Anekal Taluk Bangalore district through person x, this person x bought from farmers family, the farmers signed for sale deed for person x were father and eldest son, now father has two more sons and there signature was not taken by person x's sale deed.

After I bought the plot from person x, after 5 years the other two sons of farmers are making issues that  the deed is not complete and they are asking money in lakhs for making confirmation deed.

This case has happened with many owners who bought farm plots from this layout, many have bought directly from farmers with developer being middle man. I bought from person x who has resold me.

I have sale deed with Person x's GPA holder signed. 

Now I have a question, since I have bought from person and not from farmers, do I need confirmation deed.?

Is it must that I need confirmation deed.?

Please some one answer this as this is very important for me.

Thanks and Regards



Before buying the plot/land you could have check all the legal documents i.e., property documents including Family Tree of the land owner, instead of doing so you blindly purchased the land.  The other two children of owners have absolute rights over the property.  [Make sure whether the land is ancestral property or self acquired by the owner].  Now you need to go for confirmation deed with the other two children of land owner, or else they can claim their share before the court.


Thanks Naveen, 

I missed to check earlier owner's sale deed. His sale deed has only two signatures and two others signatures not present.




OK, Now first collect all property documents, RTC from 1970 to till date and EC from 1950 to till date, mother deed and other documents.  It will take some time.  May be that land owner is having two wife's,  make sure.  You can also discuss this matter with other site owners in your layout and meet an eminent advocate they will guide further.  


I collected mother deed and informed others also.

apart from confirmation deed, RTC and EC (encumberence certificate ?) what other documents need to be collected. It will be great to know all documents.

We are thinking of consulting lawyer for further reviews.



Also can I go to court and file case against my previous owner that She sold me disputed property.

She did not check details and sold me, Now I am paying lakhs which she should compensate, part or full?


You cannot sue the previous owner for not guiding you properly, it was your duty to obtain a proper opinion before purchasing it.  However you may better go for a compromise or else the issue will get dragged for many years.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x