LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

varun mishra   04 January 2017

Cheque bounce/ cancellation of registry

Dear sir i sold my land on 3 november 2016 Through Post dated cheques and registry happens on the same date. Details of all cheques with cheque no and amount is also mentioned in the registry papers.

first date of cheque was 31st december. I have given cheque in the bank but he stopped money saying other reasons to bank.

what can i do sir to get my money??

if cheque got bounced what will be the procedure to get money or cancellation of sale registry??

kindly help me.

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 January 2017

Immediately get advocate's notice issued under Sec.138 and notice for cancelling the sale for breach of agreement terms and conditions and if possible take back possession of the property, go to the extent of filing criminal complaint as a threat. .   Contact your local advocate, as immediate action is required.  If you get any doubts during discussions, then come back to the forum for experts' guidance.

(Guest)

Sir,

You will need to send him a legal notice for the dishonour of cheque. Further you will also need to file a summary suit for the cancellation of sale deed and consequential setting aside of the registry of land and also for damages.

Regards,
Rit Arora
Advocate

(Guest)

Besides you can also file a complaint under 138 after sending a legal notice as it is a criminal offence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register