LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GOKULDAS KAMATH (EX BANKER)     04 October 2013

Appointment of vrs optee as inquiry authority

As per CVC guidelines,a retired Bank Officer can be appointed as Inquiry Authority in the Disciplinary Proceedings against the charge sheeted Bank Officer.Here,retired officer according to me is one who has retired on completion of 60 years (retirement age ) and reached the superannuation.But,a nationalised bank had appointed a VRS optee as Inquiry Authority who took VRS in 2001 VRS scheme at the age of 50

As per my knowledge,many bank employees  had opted for VRS in 2001 on following grounds

1.      Financial Obligations

2.      To clear  various loan obligations

3.      Post VRS benefits like pension for secured life without any  future work load

4.      Health Problems

5.      Continuous Disciplinary Proceedings by the management

6.     Possibility of  reckless advances, Excess over limits etc by which bank management have possibly taken action against such officers..

7.      Unable to cope up with pressure of work due to ill health/incompetence

8.     Frequent  Transfer to a distant place AND to enable to get alternate employment by which he can avail double benefit even after VRS.In this connection,please let me know whether the appointment of VRS optee as Inquiry Authority in the departmental inquiry is legal and valid

TT

t

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 October 2013

you contention is not logical and cannot be accepted. better do not waste energy on this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register