Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manish Jha (engineer)     11 June 2017

Apartment dispute

Hi,

I am owner of flat in an apartment in bangalore having around 40 flats. I shifted in flat in Nov 2013 and there happened an association formation in feb 2014 and election after that which I couldn't attend. I heard a president and some members nominated. But these guys typically started behaving like professional of a corporate organisation and passing order with misbehave, argument and nonsense talk.

My first argument happened to secretary when he asked me to pay 25000 as corpus fund, the issue was that we few guys bought flat through land owner and remaining from builder and builder given corpus amount when association built but for us lump-sum given to land owner and they didn't given. After that secretary was daily knocking my door and arguing for corpus fund and threatening, finally we few guys given 25000 for corpus which was additional cost for us from lump-sum given to land owner.

After that from feb 2014 there is no any election of association. I ask for account/audit report enquiry but they don't give even a single time.

My recent incident:

from my flat's north sider some slum people resides whose children play. who were throwing earlier also stones and i informed security. But on 6/6/2017  there was some serious incident stone has broken my balcony french window glass may cost around 20000. I informed president and association and president went with me for 5 minutes at slum i scolded in front of him to them. Then I asked him I want to file police complain whether association accompany me. They asked we have no time and next day passed a false message that association has talked villager and warned it should not be repeated. They didn't even looked at my damage and any feeling that i am the sufferer. After that president is telling you should be obliged that I have spent half an hour with you. I alone filed a police fir and police visited and not a single person turned with me. In this respect i tell i have very timely deposited my maintainences to association account without a single month default.

Kindly suggest the action??

Regards,

Manish Jha

Bangalore

Learning

6 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     12 June 2017

BRING THE ENTIRE FACTS TO THE NOTICE OF DEPUTY REGISTRQR.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 June 2017

When you have to live with them,  you have to make compromises and enjoy homely stay with peace.

Regarding elections, you can approach the Registrar and seek his interference, if the society is Registered.

Society works within some rules and regulations and duties and responsibilities of each office bearer must be clearly defined.

I do agree with moral responsibility of standing together for a cause in case of dispute with outsiders, but one can not expect that President or others to accompany you to the PS.  It depends on mutual relations maintained.

Cultivate a group and believe in collective effort to avoid such problems.  Search remedies like installation of CCTV cameras by society to avoid recurrance of such incidents in future.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     12 June 2017

Do you have a registered association?  Under which act of Karnataka is it registered, Karnataka Apartment Ownership Act, Karnataka Co-operative Societies Act, Karnataka Societies Registration Act or any other Act of Karnataka? Don't you have the byelaws?  From your narration, it appears to me that you do not have a registered association, you do not have registered byelaws and some people are calling themselves office bearers and doing things as they like.

1 Like

atul (ACB)     12 June 2017

Too generic and self oriented & ths difficult to reach genesis of issues on emails

Manish Jha (engineer)     15 June 2017

Hi Sir,

I analysed few info on apartment adda as few people told now everything on that

As per letter head it looks its not registered.

I see in apartment adda 1 year back since feb 2014 nomination for preident/secretary posted and only one i applied but no any election.

Also, by mail/whatsapp group/verbally in flat no any news about association election I heard since feb 2014.

account of few quarters i see posted of last year in apartment adda.

My one question from my recent incident 10000 loss i have got. Since I regularly pay maintainances and after informing security this incident happened and no one from association accompanied me in police station etc. then can i deduct it from my furthur maintainances pay??

Regards,

Manish

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     15 June 2017

If the association is not registered, nothing will happen in the proper manner.  Maintaining 40 flats, and computing how much is due from each member is not a small matter. You need a trained accountant to maintain the accounts. If the association is registered the accounts will be haved to be audited by a statutory auditor every year.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register