Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Palak Singh   15 April 2020

Aadhar card related issue

hello everyone,

A few weeks back I went to service center to repair my iphone. Out of nowhere the microphone of my iphone had stopped working and upon research I discovered that this has happened with alot of iphones due to software issues. When i called the call center they said they cant help me because my phone is out warranty period. Hence they are asking me to pay around 32k for exchanging the iphone with new one. They have refused to repair it stating that it cant be repaired. I have called the service center multiple times and told them that this seems like a software glitch from their side. They refused to answer any further. 

So basically they are asking me to pay 32k for a phone which I originally bought in 64k and it hasnt even been 2 years of the phone. 

My question is that, keeping the above facts in mind, what legal recourse can I take? Because this seems like harassment of the customers by compelling them to pay huge sums of money. Please let me know if I can take any legal action?

Learning

1 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     18 April 2020

You can verify whether the warranty period has expired or not. Even if the same has expired, the company cannot refuse to repair it at your own cost and further it cannot pressurize to exchangee the same after paying the demanded amount. You can go to consumer forum and can file a complaint there.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register