New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ketan_ketan (student)     08 July 2013


Hi Please let me know?


1. If a person has qualified his patwari exam and just going to joing that govt. job but before joing his wife filed a charge of ipc 498a, then will he be legaly right to join the post or collector can disqulify him for the post?

2. what should he do right now?

wife was not living with him.

marriege was done in arya samaj temple.

girl said to court and police station that she was living with her husband and he said for Rs. 5 lakh dowry, but the person was not lived at all even a day with her. just after the marriege girl return to her father home.


 4 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     08 July 2013

you can join the duty if they ask for any clarification that if any police case is registered in the application while joining they will ask to fill up in that you have to give particulars of all details 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 July 2013

Though it was enacted to protect women from harassment and cruelty, there has been judicial recognition of the fact that on several occasions, false complaints under Section 498A were filed to teach the husband and his relatives a lesson as these cases were non-compoundable and bail was difficult to get. You can join the duty.

Ashok, Advocate (Lawyer at Delhi)     08 July 2013

You can join the duty if you have already been given the appointment. However, be careful to truthfully fill in the correct information in any forms that your employer may ask you to fill at the time of joining employment. For example, if there is a column in such form asking you to give details of any criminal cases registered against you, provide the correct details.


proceed your divorce in anullment of marriage and you dont mention any detail because you were arrested during trainng so mention only fir no/ year and u/s......only....refer the recent announcemnt of CAT

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register