Wife threatening for fake cases against me and my family

Hello everyone,

My name is ekant and i am canadian PR holder. I got married few months back in india to an indian citizen girl. My mom and dad lives in india. Things aren’t going well as she is being very inconsistent in her words and actions. She is verbally very abusive with me and my parents and despite that shows herself as victim in front of other ppl. Me and my parents health isn’t well because of all this. It’s pretty much clear that she is in the marriage just for claiming money and property from me/my family. She is pregnant too. Right now she is at her mother’s house for last one month and few days back she said she will not be coming back and want divorce and will abort the child etc. Now she is till behaving bad but she talks about coming home back and delivering child. But her intentions are very clearly visible now. She just want monetary/property benefit. She didn’t said it verbally but i know this is on her mind. There is no trust between us .


my question is -

1)in case she went ahead and file some fake case against me and my family for violence or mental torture etc , what should we do in advance to protect ourself from any fake allegation? We are very worried as law favours the wife in india.

2) I don’t have any property on my name in india. But my mother and father have lots of lands and home too. Can she claim for these properties? What steps should we take in advance to protect ourself?


3) me and my parents are scared that if she comes back to live at home, she will create some fake and big drama again and can get my parents in trouble. My parents are really scared of living with her now.

can we stop her from living with my parents at my parents home? I am willing to get her a rented place and pay for it.

If she come to live with my parents, is there any documentation/affidavit we can make her to sign to protect ourself in advance? 

anything else you guys can suggest in current situation  please.

Thanks in advance. 
expecting a quick and detailed reply please.



Please make some audio recordings/ call recordings/ chat screenshots whenever she threatens you first hand to stay in safe side. That way, if she files a false case, by showing this proof, you can show them to get the FIR quashed. But, don't flaunt about having evidences like that to anybody. Let it come as surprise in front of the police that way she will be caught red-handed. 

She cannot claim your parents property. When she files a maintenance case or anything, you have to show that they are all filed in malafide intention. 

For any further queries, you can contact me at advsanjaynarayandas@gmail.com




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x