LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aditi Bhaduri (Student)     08 November 2012

Wife filed 125 cr. pc

A friend of mine working in Defence in going through divorce under cause his wife is mentally not stable and deserted him in Oct 2010. She has filed 125 Cr. PC. Is there any way by which he can win the case and not have to pay the maintainence since he was fraudulently married to this girl? He is also planning on filing a fraud case aginst her and her family. Please help.

Learning

5 Replies

rahul (director)     08 November 2012

maintenece case filed by wife can be rejected on various grouds... it have to be look on the facts of the case,, wife, qualification, ealier earning.. ITR, her asset, whether she concealed info from court, there are many factors

1 Like

Aditi Bhaduri (Student)     08 November 2012

Thank you so much for the reply Mr. Rahul. will try to get those details. Thanks again.

stanley (Freedom)     08 November 2012

Agree with Mr Rahul but if your friends wife has deserted him and he can prove the same than no maintanence .

1 Like

sanjeev pawar (service)     08 November 2012

yes i agree with mr stanley and mr rahul.. maintainence can be denied on various grounds, you can refer to past posts as well, if the girl is currently working and earning then no maintainence, also you can collect proof of her past earnings through her salary slips, her qualification and her ability to find a job and if she is concealing anything from the court, these factors are also taken into account, if she is proved false on any of her claims then no maintainence will be given. i hope mr stanley and mr rahul agree to my points

1 Like

Evan (0)     08 November 2012

If the Woman has deserted her Husband without any reasonable/genuine/sufficent/cogent ground,then that itself is a ground for Rejection of Maintenance.Also the point ,if it could be proved with proper evidence that the Mental Lunacy was prevalent before the marriage(through Doctors' prescripttions/medical records etc.)then it can be proved that the Husband was tricked into this marriage fraudulently and Maintenace can very well be denied to the Wife.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register