Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

verma76 (n/a)     27 December 2007

whether soft copy (e-mail) holds a legality with scanned image of signature or not?

Happy New Year to All,

I am working as a clerk in an autonomous body of Govt. of India. I sent my transfer application on 24/12/2007 (in pdf format) thru E-mail to my head-office. That application contains my ""scanned signature"" (in jpg/bmp format), where applicants signature field is provided. 

I wanted to know whether my above application (soft copy-sent thru e-mail) holds a legality (validity as a signed paper document) or not ? Whether my HO can refuse to accept the same on the grounds that the application is not received by post, etc. or does not hold the Signature of the applicant.

Morever, I requested them to kindly acknowledge the receipt of e-mail, but till today they have not acknowledged any receipt thru e-mail. What is the rule-position provided in IT Act of India regarding receiving and acknowledging such e-mail/correspondence & its time-frame etc.?

Learning

1 Replies

Shambasiv (n/a)     27 December 2007

With the advancement of technology, e-mail signature shall be considered sa legal. Unless the rules in your company specifies a particular mode of service, there is nothing wrong in accepting electronic letters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register