Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjeev Kumar (Engineer)     15 March 2011

What does the girl side lose in filing chargesheet in 498a?

My 498a/406 case in CAW cell since 1.5 yrs.Both me and wife are doctors. I am working in dubai.she is going to finish her MD in India in may 2011. all of our family members have anticipatory bail. There is no chargesheet till now. Now i have heard that my wife has done engagement with some NRI in USA. Both of us want divorce but she is demanding huge extortion money which i will never pay .They are in hurry of divorce but refuse to talk with our side .

(1)Is this possible that the police presents chargesheet and my wife enjoys life in USA with me and my family running around courts?

(2)What is harm to her in chargesheeting? Police is totally favoring her even when they know it is a fake case .

(3) Is it that after chargesheet the girl enjoys life and boy's side keps on fighting against state?

(4)She has filed for contested divorce (cruelty basis) in the family court in her city . Should i give divorce before 498a is withdrawn by them ?  Or should i prolong / contest it till 498a is withdrawn .?

Please advice .Thanks !

 7 Replies

Advocate Sachdev Bishnoi (self)     15 March 2011

in the family court the court little bid favours the girl side. for you help your wife is in hurry to marry with the NRI and you wait she will give her consent without any interference. wait for some time. you remain on the stand that the consent for divorce will be given only after the with drawl of the case.

1 Like

Sanjeev Kumar (Engineer)     15 March 2011

Thanks bishnoi sir ,  What is your advice -

(1). i should contest the divorce case in family court and refuse to give divorce until 498a is withdrawn without the extortion money . 

Am i correct ?

prashant pundhir (Criminal Lawyer)     16 March 2011

Ya , rite you are , before giviving your consent or filing w.s. in favour of her divorce petition , say her to give her statement with affidavid so that you and your family members get discharge from the case .

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     16 March 2011

What does the girl side lose in filing chargesheet in 498a?


-----          HUSBAND AND IN LAWS LOVE.

1 Like

Advocate Sachdev Bishnoi (self)     17 March 2011

yes you are correct and you give your consent only after the withdrawl of the 498 case .

1 Like

KNK A Learner (Learning to share)     17 March 2011

Go for quashing of 498A FIR in High Court for delay in Filing Chargesheet. If it get quashed, then you can play your game against her.

1 Like

kaliya (serviceman)     07 May 2012


Dear Sanjeev,

I am also a victim of 498a like u .

Do not compromise in your case and do not hurry for divorce unless and untill u r mad for a marriage again.

Let the girl suffer a lot. If your wife wants divorce tell her to quash the false care first. If the police  is not submitting Charge sheet then ask Honourable HC to pass a order against police to file chargeshhet within a said time.

After she quashes the case(if she does) just made her mad with cases asking maintainence , false evidences etc etc and by doing press releases.

If you know the NRI with which your wife is engaged just tell him about your wife's nature of filing false cases and asking money.

Feel free to contact me in


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query