LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajeev (director)     26 September 2013

Website copied

I am owner of a website. someone has copied each and every content of my website and after registering domain he has launched the fake website with different domain name.what will the procedure to suspend the fake website ?Note that i have already applied for copyright at New Delhi .When i contacted the registrar of fake website, he refused to suspend the fake website.


 6 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     26 September 2013

You file complaint Under I.T. Act, 2000 to cyber Police  of your area to register case.

AV Bagur Advocate (Advocate )     26 September 2013

Generally you can easily get  site logs which are good  proof of time of contents going public.  This is good proof to show that you had up loaded the contents earlier in point of time, and the other fellow is a thief.  Also take screen shots.  Get all other details like IP address, name server details, details of Registrar, and also the current owners of the web site. 


Draft a proper and sensible and meaningful complaint and lodge it with the police for registering an FIR under relevant provisions of the IPC as well as IT Act.  If the police refuse to file an FIR then file a private criminal complaint to the CMM/MM for proper action. 

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     26 September 2013

File a complaint before Cyber Crimes. 

tarun (software engineer)     28 September 2013

Copyright violation is a criminal offense, you need to first lodge an FIR than file for an Injunction.

You should read the details on this given here: Copyright laws in India


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 September 2013

First thing you  should ensure and should be 100% confirm about your allegations that somebody has stolen(Copied) your contents without your permission/illegally.  As told by you that  the he is using the same in other domain and in some other name, you cannot stake a claim for banning his web site until and otherwise you prove that the the contents in his website have been copied from yours which you never intended to air it for common use by any one.  I dont think you have made a case attracting cyber crime because the details you have let out does not seems to be enough to initiate legal proceedings either as per  Cyber law or copy rights law.

rajeev (director)     30 September 2013

but copied each and every matter

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register