LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raja (business)     22 October 2008

want to fight with bank

dear sir, regarding borrower\'s defence pls guide us for

the applications borrowers files for their defence.pls suggest what type of

information borrower ask from bank.pls also suggest where banks are normally at


  pls also suggest some books which are helpful to borrowers. banks  are huge

organisation with big team of legal staff and please help.



my question is , pls suggest how i should fight my case, so bankwill come to me for some kind of compromise.they are trying in every way possible becoz they are not worried abt cost etc..with legal tool i want to answer them.pls suggest various applications i can make.,case is in drt now. if any book or reference for borrower made such types of applications. so i also can make similar application if it fits in my case. yhanks.


 10 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     22 October 2008

Big or Small all are equal in the eye of law.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     22 October 2008

before law all are equal, and wat exatly u need , let u explain then give the suggestion. RBI is have all records and form the norms for all financial insitituition

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     22 October 2008

King is under no man but under THE GOD and LAW.

Pankaj Kundra (Advocate)     29 December 2008

What kind of complaint ? what kind of a case have you filed against the bank .. or is it the bank that has filed a case against you and you are defending it ?

Alternatively you can approach the Banking Ombudsman and the consumer court for filing a case against the bank . 

Pankaj Kundra (Advocate)     29 December 2008

What kind of a loan was it secured or unsecured ? credit card , personal loan , house loan whatt???


I do agree with Mr. N.K. ASSUMI

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     26 March 2009

it is better to contact a Local Advocate  (perferably  DRT Advocate )  to verify  your DRT Case and to  render reequired legal service to you and defend the case  , as there are  no details in your Question  .   ----- contact  Advocate availbel at the mentioned  DRT Place 

surya kaliyamoorthi (Assistant Legal Manager)     30 May 2009

Dear friend... better to explain your difficulty what you are facing from the Bank.... Defenitely we can give some suggestion....

radha (freelancer)     03 April 2010

You have not mentioned which kind of borowing you have referred to.

Prepare a file of all the documents that you have received from the bank, letters,SMS,email etc.

Prepare a record of all the phone calls you have made to the bank preferably with the copy of itemised deatils of your phone bill showing the date,time, and duration of  call , and also calls you have received from the bank.

Under Fair Practices code bank is liable to give you the receipted copies of all the documents submitted by you. All bank are under obligation to display the name address phone number and email id of the Concerned Nodal officer in their branches.You may submit a written letter to the Branch Manager asking for all the documents, and obtain its  acknowledgment with seal and signature of the bank Manager.

See a local lawyer and relax. After your meeting with your lawyer you  know which documents you need to organise.

 It is always better to maintain record and seek legal advice.

Parthasarathi Loganathan (Advocate)     04 April 2010

Despite so many responses, I am afraid as to why Mr.Raja is still hesitant to apprise the crux of his matter to and seek guidance. Banking Institutions are also governed by the Regulations of RBI and Ministry of Finance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query