IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr.R.Ramesh   28 June 2016

Visa cancelled for my foriegner second wife

When I was in divorce process with my first wife, I married a foreign lady with my first wife's consent. End of the divorce process, my first wife wanted to live with me again which made me to have two wives. Now I am trying to bring my second wife to India with the consent of first wife, still Indian Embassy is not issuing visa to my first second wife based on IPC 494. Will IPC sec 377 help in this case? Please suggest


 5 Replies

vivek malhotra (Advocate)     28 June 2016

Sir, your second marriage is null and void as per law as you have married during your first marriage without having proper divorce and it is barred under Section 494 IPC.


Secondly Section 377 IPC is having unnatural s*x and it is an punishable offence and how it can help you in your instant case.

JustAdvisor (IT)     28 June 2016

consent of first wife is wholly irrelevant. you are only lucky you have not been punished for bigamy. your second marriage though is null and void. your life is like a Govinda movie :)....and where does 377 come into picture?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 June 2016

Repeated Query;



Khush   28 June 2016

you can not go for second marriage untill and unless you have first wife. if you bring your second wife to india, a case of bigamy may be registered against you in india, which is criminal offence and u r bound to get imprisonment, regardless of whether ur first wife consented or not..............

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 June 2016

Hope you shall take the post positively.

Such relations have its own fallouts:


You may go thru:




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query