LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikram RMD (Acc)     21 December 2012

Ulip signature mismatch

I have a few ULIPS (Unit Linked Insurance Plans) of various companies in which the signature has mismatched.
Now I want to redeem these ULIPS. How to do this?

I need a legal document that verifies my signature and identity, that I can submit while applying for redemption of abovementioned ULIPS. What document/procedure do you recommend? Thank you.

Learning

2 Replies

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     21 December 2012

It all depends on the company, which has issued ULIP. Different companies demands different documents for establishing the fact that you are the person whom ULIP was issued.

They may require additional affidavit and indemnity bound also.

https://www.aegisjurist.com

https://www.facebook.com/aegisjurist

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 December 2012

Mr. Prasad has given valuable advice. Kindly follow it.

If your signature on the proposal from filled and submitted to different companies for the issuance of ULIP insurance policy is different it should not be an issue for the company.

A citizen can choose to keep his signature different, however shall have to affix same signature while demanding payment.

The insurance company provides copy of the proposal form as a part of the policy document along with policy document. Thus you can see your signatures affixed by you on the proposal form.

If your signature on the proposal from and cheque of first premium are different the insurance company shall ask you to submit specimen signature form and shall ask you to affix both signatures on the form and your both signatures shall be in the record of the company.

IN case there is still some mismatch company shall download its process and procedure to ensure indemnity to it from any claim.

The company declares the DOB proof collected from you on the policy schedule e.g. Pan Card. If you had provided Pan card copy hen company should happily accept it as both ID and DOB proof.

You shall need to affix your signature on the proposal form on the surrender form while you wish to close the policy and collect the payment =fund value-surrender charge.

You need to submit surrender form as prescribed by each company along with original policy bond and other documents as per policy of the company in line with IRDA guidelines. IRDA has issued policy holders handbook and Regulation of Protection of Policy Holders Interest. Both are enclosed.

Company can ask for the docs to establish the identity of the policyholder.

The company may ask you to get your signatures attested by your bank , in case of some mismatch.

Companies prefer to transfer the payment by NEFT to policy holder’s a/c, and if the bank is same from which premiums have been paid, company shall be satisfied. All such questions are part of surrender form.

. You can produce copy of bank passbook having photograph of the a/c holder.

Attached File : 390811524 regulation of protection of policy holders interest 3221 gi 2002 eng.pdf, 390811524 life insurance handbook.pdf downloaded: 152 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register