Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vaidy   07 April 2016

Transfer of my house and land to my mother

Dear Board,

I live in UK and I have a House and Land in india. I wish to transfer this to my mothers & Fathers name (as joint). The property is in Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu. 

How do I do it?

Thanks

Vaidy

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

You can do it but then their succession law applies and it may go to others also.

Now Some state like Maharashtra have reduced stamp duty for transfer in internal family property . Regarding Tamil Nadu better some one from that state only ans.

Looking at Stamp Act of that state it has to be decided Whether Gift Dee/Sale Deed will be feasible or any other thing 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 April 2016

Repeated query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Transfer-of-property-amp-land-135497.asp#.Vwcnu5wrLIV

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     07 April 2016

The stamp duty for a gift settlement in favour of parents leviable @1% on the estimated value by the donor or Market value as per market value guidelines whichever is higher.   If you have a well wisher (either by relative or friend) in India, then ask him to get the gift deed prepared on stamp worth Rs.100/-(the remaining stamp duty will be levied by way of government challan) and send the deed to you with a blank NJ Stamp for Rs.100/-.  Then you can sign the gift deed on all the pages, and make an Attested Power of Attorney in favour of your well wisher in UK and get it be attested by Counsellate authority of India in UK.  after receipt of all the documents, the gift deed with attested power of attorney be presented in sub registrar office conerned.

vaidy   07 April 2016

Wow. Thank you for the quick response and will proceed through this route.

Thanks

Vaidy

S.N.Raj Kumar (Advocate)     16 May 2016

Brother, u can make settlement deed in favour of ur parents , stamp duty is Maximum 25,000/- + registration fee 4000/ + Computer fees 100+ Cd fees 50/- OR 1% stamp duty on the property Value + 1% Registration Charges ( u can opt whichever is less ) If u have any doubt Pl.call me 09841127561,

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 May 2016

Pls initiate one thread and continue with original thread.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Transfer-of-property-amp-land-135497.asp#.Vwcnu5wrLIV

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register