Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sam (sdp,)     22 June 2013

Transfer agreement not registered

Hi ,

tWe had bought an office in 1994 in Mumbai. The sale was not registered. We had got the sale transfered to our name on a Rs5 stamp paper. We had bought the property at 3 lakhs and paid a stamp duty of 30,000.  Do we need to get it registered inorder to sell the property now. There are conflicting views I am getting. Broker is saying you need to pay stamp duty again at current price + penalties and some legal person is saying that we need to get it adjuridicted. i.e. get some letter saying that whatever stamp duty was paid at that time was correct.

Please guide since the buyer is asking us to get this registered before he buys the property.

Learning

1 Replies

Paras Awasthi (Businessman)     25 June 2013

@Sam

If the buyer is asking you to get it registered then get it registered. For questions on the process to get it registered,, i think you should consult a lawyer. I suggest, you can get a detailed reply to your Query from www.lawkonect.com.

Visit Lawkonect.com and you post an online query on the website, you will get a detailed reply on your query from practising porperty lawyers. The answers would include information on the law as well as the procedure to get your property registered. The reply would be made taking into consideration your personal case.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register