Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

fayyazz (officer)     07 June 2012

Stamp duty hiked by govt of maharashtrra

Dear Lawyers

Instead of earlier 3-tire system stamp duty, I came to know from newspapers that from 01 March 2012 in Maharashtra  if the property is situated under Mahanager Palika i.e. Municipal Corporation than FLAT stamp duty is 5%, if the property is under Nagarpalika i.e. Municipal Councils then stamp duty is 4% and if the property is under Gram Panchayat then the stamp duty is only 3% .

The building in which we wanted to buy the Flat is situated in one of the Gram Panchayat villages under Taluka Karjat, District Raigad, which is falling under the Sub-Registrar of Karjat for registration.  The lady sub-registrar is insisting that even if the property or building is situated in gram panchayat villages, buyer must pay FLAT 5% Stamp duty on built up area as per valuation of Govt of Maharashtra as per new GR or Circular.  The Govt valuation is also hiked drastically. Actual market price is only Rs 1500 per sq ft for a flat. Buyers  are buying and Builders are selling at this rate only.  Whereas Govt valuation as per Karjat Sub Registrar  is Rs 2300 per sq ft   i.e. Rs 800 per sq ft above the market price.... Amazing !

Is Sub-Registrar, Karjat, Dist Raigad justified in forcing the buyers to pay 5% stamp duty instead of 3% ?

Is she not hampering the builders and the buyers together by charging extra 2% stamp duty for building situated under Gramp Panchayat areas ?

Please put your views.

Thanks

Fayyaz Ali

Learning

5 Replies

M V Gupta (Advocate)     08 June 2012

File anappeal before the Registrar challenging the valuation and duty deterined by the Su Regr.

2 Like

fayyazz (officer)     09 June 2012

Thanks Adv Gupta Sir , i shalll prepare my appeal to Jt Registrar of Assurances at Ali bag

Where can I get Maharashtra Govt's GR (Govt Reolution) by which it has hiked the stamp duty from 01 March 2012 and also it hiked valuation above the market rates.  Thus it is hitting the buyers from 2 sides and also it is hampering the Real Estate business in Maharashtra just to make extra renvue for govt of maharashtra itself.

Fayyaz

Ibrahim Deshmukh (Legal Consultancy)     09 June 2012

Dear Fayyazz

While fully agreeing to Adv Gupta's recommendation, I woud like to add the exact contact details of

Jt Registrar as under :

Joint District Registrar,Raigad
Nxt to District Police Station,
Raigad, Alibagh,
District Raigad-402201    
Tel: 2641    222265

In your written appeal (to be sent by Registered AD post) please add the hike of valuation not justified to the prevailing market rates.

Please also submit a copy of the same to

Shri S. Chockalingam (IAS)
Inspector General of Registration & Controller of Stamps,
Maharashtra
Opp. Mantralya - in the Ground Floor of New Administrative Bldg.
Nariman Point - Mumbai
Tel No.-(020) 26124012

you may also submit a copy of the same to the

Sub Registrar of Assurances
Karjat Tahsil Office Compound,
Taluka Karjat, District Raigad
Raigad    Tel :2641    220980

Hope that way the Sub Registrar will be complelled to listen to your appeal.

All the best

Ibrahim Deshmukh
Legal Consultant
Email: ibdesh@gmail.com
www.law-india.com

M V Gupta (Advocate)     09 June 2012

Enquire with the Sub Regr's Office for the GR and Valuation details. These are public documents and should be shown to u on demand by the Office. 

Abdul Kader Batliwala (Consultants)     20 December 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

I need Legal advice from your dearest friend, I had purchase under construction Flat at Badlapur in the year 2011, but still its under construction due to some reason. But still not hope when he will complete the flat & handover to me.

please advice what me legal step  I will take.against Builder.

Thanks

Abdul Kader

abdul_accountants@yahoo.co.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register