Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant kumar (Manager)     06 March 2013

Sole proprietorship

Dear Sir,

I am planning to start a franchisee service center for a refrigerator company. Initially I do not want to invest in a rented shop.  So I plan to start as a proprietory firm from my residence address in Mumbai. Kindly guide me regarding following:

1. Procedure for registration at residence address.

2. Procedure and documents to get a TIN for a proprietory business. Can I get it on residence address.

3. How to get a service tax number.

4. Do I also need to apply for VAT?

Sir, your advise and guidance will be of great help for my startup venture.




 5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 March 2013

For registration you can apply through online to sales tax dept. Maharastra. for 2nd question you can it TIN on your residential address. for 3rd querry. You also can get service tax number through online service tax department. No need to register for VAT.

advharshavardhan (Executive)     06 March 2013



1. You have to get yourself registered under shop act for propritary business.

2. You can get it on residential address.

3. Service tax will be applicable when your turnover excceds 10 lacs

4. VAT no requirement as of now......

V.Devananda Narasimham (Advocate)     06 March 2013

Well done and Interesting required explanation regarding procedures.

pawan,Advocate,9899223824 (chairman)     08 March 2013

please contact

CA. Vipul Jadhav (Partner)     23 March 2013

Yes you can get the registartion daone at residence address. Documents required would be as under -

1) PAN Card

2) DD as stated by the Department

3) Professional Tax Application

4) Cancelled Cheque

5) Your Residence Proof

6) NOC from owner

MVAt No would be required for the sales of spare parts.

Service Tax No. would be reuired for service portion / labour charges.

Both the applications are to be made online, howveer you need to visit the department with all originals and xerox copies.


If required, our firm can assist you getting all the required registrations.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register