Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Scrabble Monopoly   04 January 2021

Sister obstructing ownership of our family apartment

My father died earlier this year and the dispute is regarding an apartment

He has two children, me (male) and my sister.

It was always assumed that I would get this apartment as my family has been living here for decades and my father did not have any other opinion about it. Neither did we think that my sister did.

The building in which the apartment is, is undergoing reconstruction and I am due to get the possession of the apartment in a couple of months. When my father died, the reconstruction of the building was still in progress.

It has been over a year since my father died and here is the problem I am trying to solve.

My sister says that she is not interested in the apartment. But she keeps delaying giving me the NOC. (It has been over a year since I have been asking her).

Sometimes she says that I should go and continue living in that apartment when it is available and she will not create a problem. But I want to sort out the ownership problem before I invest money in interior decoration and other costs and hence I have been insisting that she gives me the NOC but to no vail.

Lawfully, if she is interested in 50% of the apartment, I am not averse to that either. It is lawfully hers, and I am willing to pay her that difference. But she just does not respond and this has been going on for over a year.

Right now, I have serious doubts about her at this point given her behavior over the past year. So following are my questions:

• Since she seems to be doing this on purpose, what options do I have to get a response from her? Is there a legal route to get either the NOC or a response from her?

• If she has ulterior motives, and is intentionally obstructing me and my family from our apartment how do I protect me and my family from this?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register