Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil (Service)     02 December 2010

share certificate / housing society

Hello Everyboday,

My father hold a share certificate of our society since 1983 in his name. after some years, due to some mismanagement, administrator was appionted & legal cases were goingon. Now when all the issues are resolved, we found my fathers name is not yet transfer (still in my grandmothers name) at office of co-op societies & collector.  The chairman / secratory is saying that your documents are not passed to registrar / collector due to which we have to the entire procudure again (like submission of form17, affidavits / consent from legal hiers o grandmother, etc). my query is as below :

1.  Does this share certificate is not enogh to change the name at mentioned offices.

2. DO we need to get consent of all legal heirs of my grandmother ?

3.  is that house still belongs to my grandmother, even when my father holds the share certificate.

Pls guide me how to goahead to change the name.

Thanks in advance..

Rgds

Learning

1 Replies

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     02 December 2010

In a some what similar situation, I filed a case against the CO.OP.Hsng.Society in a local consumer forum and within nine months I got a favourable Order whtere not transfering the flat in name, including not issuing the share certificate was considered as deficiency in sevice and CHS was fined and I was also awarded cost. Subsequetly, CHS also issued shares and also a transfer of flat in my name. The Experts here were very helpful in guding me in the matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register