LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Michael David Premkumar   22 April 2024

Setlement deed

Dear all

Me, my brother and myself are the legal heirs to our fathers property. 15 years back after my father died me and my brother has released our 1/3 share each to my mother to keep her happy. Now we are promoting our house through JV and the builder is constructing 6 flats. Three for him and three for us. Now my mother want to give me and my brother each one flat and her flat she will decide later. What deed (settlement, relinquishment, gift) we should prepare and register. Thanks for your reply


 2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 April 2024

You, your brother and your mother are the legal heirs to your father, you three people can give JV with the builder and for your brother, mother and you each for your 1/2 share with the builder.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 April 2024

Out of your mother's share of three flats, she can transfer two flats one to each of you by executing a registered settlement deed.

As a matter of fact after you and your brother executed a registered release deed relinquishing your rights in the property your became an absolute owner of entire property.

Therefore now she has to transfer the proposed flats to both of you by executing a registered settlement deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register