FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divya   03 September 2020

School is not refunding annual and stationery fees after withdrawal

Hi Sir/Madam, We took admission of our kid for LKG in the month of January 2020(Pre-Covid situation). We have paid Rs.33500 for annual, resource fees(Books,Uniform,Stationery) and day care advance.We are withdrawing from the school as we want to continue with home schooling this year.We have attended 1 month(around 10hrs) online classes in the month of July, after that school has discontinued the classes as we have not paid Term fees. When we approached them for the refund of Annual fees and day care fees advance, they are denying stating that we have utilized the services for a month, We have not utilized any of the school premises/services for this academic year. And also we are informed that the school is refunding the Annual Fees and school uniform/stationery fees for some of the other parents.we have not availed any extra benefits from the school except for 10 days of free zoom online classes. Can we lodge a complaint in this regard on school for denying the refund in consumer forum, please advice us on how we can proceed with this.


 4 Replies

Shrikant Bagade   03 September 2020

First send them a detailed legal notice stating each and every fact.
if they don't comply even after that you have option to file complaint with the education authorities of your state or file a complaint with police.
In case you need any assistance do let me know @

Divya   03 September 2020

Hi Sir, Thanks for the valuable guidance, I have sent out a mail to them, awaiting for response on it, will take further steps accordingly.

Regards,                                                                Divya.

{Balu manikantan} SUBRAMANYAM (Practising Advocate)     03 September 2020

Yours is a civil issue police has nothing to do. complaining to any authority may not give any fruitful results. 

Draft a legal notice by stating the facts and asking to refund the amount. send the legal notice by Registered post with acknowledgement due. Preserve the notice and the acknowledgement. wait for 15 days. If they do not respond file a complaint in the consumer forum. you will be successful in getting the refund.

Divya   04 September 2020

Sure, Thanks for the advice sir, will take it to consumer forum after serving legal notice.

Regards,                                                                      Divya.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query