LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Khan   12 November 2015

Sales of 1st floor in 2 storied house

Hi all, I am living in a 2 storied house where the house which is 1100sqft is registered in my name and my brother name. Under my floor we are having a godown, 2 shops and in the terrace there is a small 1 BHK floor where we have left for rent. We are having shops next to next in other area one is for me another one is for him. Since we both were doing same business jointly till August there was no problem and now we have seperated our business. I have put a screen between my shop and his shop since he used to look most of the time at my shop and used to call the customers to his shop which I don’t like and I don’t bother whoever comes to his shop. Now he has started bugging me for money the amount which I spent for my children’s education since we were doing business together at that time. He is threatening me that he will give complaint in local police station regarding the screen and states that because of that his business is affected, to be frank because of the screen only my business is affected. I am in need of money for my daughter’s marriage. The house in which we are currently living we both have equal share which I fear I won’t get because some of the relatives who speak well are supporting them and speaking a deal like 40:60. My brother has taken most of my mother’s jewelry. He used to go foreign trips frequently when we were doing business together. My brother has 2 children where they are studying 10th and 6th.The age differences me and my brother is 15 years. I came to my shop at the age of 10 then where has my efforts to bring up my shop gone if need to give money which I took for my children’s education. I need some clarifications

1. Do I need to give money for him which I took for my children studies?
  2. Do I need to take off the screen which is in between both the shop?
  3. Can I sell my floor alone which I live?

P.S – I asked him to talk with me separately to solve the problem. which he is not ready and used to bring his supporters who are within the family and they have only gave him the idea to collect the money from me which I took for my children studies.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 November 2015

He has called his supporters.

You may call your elders in the family and well wishers and try for amicable settlement of the issues and register it.

The property is otherwise registered in both names and should be 50:50.

If nothing works both of you may have separate entrance/exit and close the issue once for all.

Meet an able lawyer specializing in such/property/family/civil matters.

You may show the registers of income,expenses to your CA/lawyer and arrive at who has collected how much and settle the matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register